Hacking Is there any simple Dol loader

Tripo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I have one simple question.
is there any simple loader like the old TP hack loader that only loads the boot.dol from the front SD.
and it is a wad so it can be installed as a channel and when start channel it start the boot.dol in the root of the front SD.
or how can I make it so I have it like that. Maybe it could be like those forwarder

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
You can try installing priiloader it have an option to install a dol file and directly open the wii to it or if you want you can use any forwarder wad you like and just rename the .dol file and put it in the place the forwarder opens.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not gonna be that simple. to install a channel, you need a old/hacked IOS or a IOS exploit. IIRC, the only 2 publicly available dol/elf that are able to install a homebrew channel on vanilla IOS are hackmii installer and riivolution.

Tripo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok.
I did have the TP hack installed long time ago.

and that loaded just from the GC SDcard I think and someone did make an channel of it and it was great.

what I want is.

1. Put an dol in the root of Front SD card or in a path somewhere on the card.
2. have an channel when I start that channel it loads the dol.
3. if I want to start another dol I can just change the dol on the sdcard

this is most I don´t want allot of channels for example I want to start the snes emulator and run some snes roms I just put the snes dol in the sdcard.
I want as few klick as possible. I can install custom channels so thats not a problem. But all loader a quit advanced like start and browse for the dol to be loaded.
and thats great but I want it simple no need for a flashy banner etc just black screen channel or something.
maybe should try the priiloader I have read some of it.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Personally, I can't see what you're asking that isn't a perfect description of the homebrew channel. Install a minimalistic theme on it and it's not even too flashy anymore.

But still...if you insist on the fewest clicks possible, I'll +1 Dragons_Master's note on priiloader. Install it, run it and choose to install whatever .dol is on your SD card. Then set it to boot the 'installed file' rather than the system menu, and you're done: every time you start the wii* it will automatically load that dol. So it comes down to 0 clicks to start a dol. You can't really go lower than that, right?
wink.gif

Of course it won't boot just any random .dol you throw at it...but it should be able to run most of the homebrew apps just fine.

*except when you hold the reset button while booting the wii...in that case, you'll get the priiloader menu

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could also use customizemii to create a complex forwarder (requires devkitpro) and make it forward to a dol on the root of the sd card. If you dont know how to do that then I could do it for you, but what do you want for the channel banner?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-