Is there an N64 gamecart?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by xxRAG3, Sep 20, 2009.

Sep 20, 2009

Is there an N64 gamecart? by xxRAG3 at 9:15 PM (1,078 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. xxRAG3
    OP

Member xxRAG3 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I want to play games on my N64, but I don't want to have to buy them all (a lot of them are seriously pricy)

Is the a sort of game cart that can have games uploaded onto it, and then be used by the N64?

2. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    no only old backup units that use floppy disk that cost shit loads of $$$ cuz of there rarity.
    neoflash is supposedly working on one though or was or something like that.

3. DSAndi

Member DSAndi GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    There are only Backup units. CD64plus, Dr.V64, z64 , Wildcard64, DrJr512 ect.

Getting one of thease is not easy today and will cost quite some money. If possible i would get a CD64plus it has the most features and works well.

The Z64 did use Zip disks, DrV64 and CD64plus did use CDs and via transfer with PC, DrJr512 was transfer via PC only.

4. Argon

Newcomer Argon Member

United States
    If you're really willing to fork out possibly a few hundred dollars, you can look around to buy a Doctor V64 which has the capability to play backups via CD. You're better off to buy an adapter to use the N64 Controller on the PC.

5. mrgone

Member mrgone GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    there was an unofficial firmware update for the z64, which used a regular IDE port to communicate with the zip drive.
    the update made it support compact flash to IDE adapters, allowing u to use up to 2gb CF cards

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yeah I remember there was a fairly recent new topic about N64 and SNES flash carts.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158...p;#entry2019903

Unfortunately, I have no clue where to buy one or if it's even released yet. You might as well buy a N64 Controller-USB adapter and play everything on an emulator.