Gaming Is there a mario 64 smoke fix patch?

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never heard of this before. I'll start working on a patched wad though. I can PM it to you if you want.
I don't think you can send the wad, as in with the actual game and stuff. Do you mean just the patch because that's allowed. Thanks for wanting to do it for me though! You could PM it to me sure just put it on a google drive or something and send me the link. Here a video for reference:

Fawe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think you can send the wad, as in with the actual game and stuff. Do you mean just the patch because that's allowed. Thanks for wanting to do it for me though! You could PM it to me sure just put it on a google drive or something and send me the link. Here a video for reference:

I got it to work with the PAL Version of the game, the NTSC Versions (american and japanese) freeze right after the "classic controller message". Getting those to work might take me quite some time. Which version do you need anyways?

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got it to work with the PAL Version of the game, the NTSC Versions (american and japanese) freeze right after the "classic controller message". Getting those to work might take me quite some time. Which version do you need anyways?
NTSC version please! I wonder why it freezes, only one little bit of code is being changed so nothing should really happen other than that right?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seriously?? People actually give a fuck about this???? I'm seriously not trying to troll but come on... How many times you burn yourself anyway and then cry about it not looking right??

Just don't get this man!

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously?? People actually give a fuck about this???? I'm seriously not trying to troll but come on... How many times you burn yourself anyway and then cry about it not looking right??

Just don't get this man!
I don't really care about it. It would just be cool to see it, in action. And also for anyone who wants to patch their copy or something. No need to be so rude too...

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't mean to be rude so I will apologise for that but it really does seem like a ridiculous thing to want to do!! It's a 24 year old game... Which I am actually enjoying all over again for the umpteenth time with the wii u port myself and can honestly say it's not something I ever noticed was 'broken' or glitched and still can't see any difference in the video you posted!! It does not affect the game in anyway and the point is not to get burned anyway!

Listen, each to their own and I'm sorry it came off rude. I still don't get the 'why' but I don't have to I guess! Hope you get the fix your looking for!

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't mean to be rude so I will apologise for that but it really does seem like a ridiculous thing to want to do!! It's a 24 year old game... Which I am actually enjoying all over again for the umpteenth time with the wii u port myself and can honestly say it's not something I ever noticed was 'broken' or glitched and still can't see any difference in the video you posted!! It does not affect the game in anyway and the point is not to get burned anyway!

Listen, each to their own and I'm sorry it came off rude. I still don't get the 'why' but I don't have to I guess! Hope you get the fix your looking for!
I more wanted to see if could it be done and stuff. Would be funny to show my friends my personalized copy as well!:D

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The more I consider it, the more I realise that my attitude was entirely wrong. This is why we're all here after all, to modify or fix things that could be better!

I humbly apologise for that as the same closed minded attitude can be used against the very port I'm enjoying just now and why people have fixed the camera or added better textures for instance.

I was in a bad mood (believe it or not, caused by playing tik tok clock 100 coin challenge :blush:) and I guess I took it out on you! I didn't mean it to be personally aimed at you so again, I humbly aplogise for my comment.

If you have a wii u you should definitely check out the port and its other branches, you could certainly add the smoke fix into the code among other fixes or mods for an even more personalised copy of such a great game should you wish. Again, if that's not an option, I do hope you get this patch working.

Fawe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NTSC version please! I wonder why it freezes, only one little bit of code is being changed so nothing should really happen other than that right?
Well, in the patch released by zoinknoise it's three files, one for each region. The PAL one changes nothing but that one line of code. The other two versions use 02 compression, which is mainly supposed to fix the lag when you see bowsers submarine, which was already fixed in the PAL version. If I start the patched roms through an emulator on my pc, it works. If I inject them into the Mario 64 WAD and try to start it on the Wii, freeze. Seeing as how the PAL version worked like a charme, I can only imagine it has to do with the 02 compression. I wish zoinknoise would have released a "smoke fix only" patch for all three versions. Otherwise I'd have to re-compile the code myself and god knows I have no time for that at the moment.

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The more I consider it, the more I realise that my attitude was entirely wrong. This is why we're all here after all, to modify or fix things that could be better!

I humbly apologise for that as the same closed minded attitude can be used against the very port I'm enjoying just now and why people have fixed the camera or added better textures for instance.

I was in a bad mood (believe it or not, caused by playing tik tok clock 100 coin challenge :blush:) and I guess I took it out on you! I didn't mean it to be personally aimed at you so again, I humbly aplogise for my comment.

If you have a wii u you should definitely check out the port and its other branches, you could certainly add the smoke fix into the code among other fixes or mods for an even more personalised copy of such a great game should you wish. Again, if that's not an option, I do hope you get this patch working.
No need to worry about it!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, in the patch released by zoinknoise it's three files, one for each region. The PAL one changes nothing but that one line of code. The other two versions use 02 compression, which is mainly supposed to fix the lag when you see bowsers submarine, which was already fixed in the PAL version. If I start the patched roms through an emulator on my pc, it works. If I inject them into the Mario 64 WAD and try to start it on the Wii, freeze. Seeing as how the PAL version worked like a charme, I can only imagine it has to do with the 02 compression. I wish zoinknoise would have released a "smoke fix only" patch for all three versions. Otherwise I'd have to re-compile the code myself and god knows I have no time for that at the moment.
Could you try applying the pal patch to the ntsc version? Maybe contact zoinknose somehow? Or is it possible to change the pal patch into a ntsc one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can