Is there a difference?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Glarbin, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Glarbin
    OP

Glarbin Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    R4i_Gold_3DS.jpg r4i-rts1.jpg I'm new to the whole flashcart thing and am interested in buying an r4i gold 3ds. Online I seem to find two different ones; one with and one without an RTS label. They both are by the same company I believe, but is their a difference between the two? I have a new 3ds xl 10.1.0U and would also like to know if they both work on it. Thanks!

Last edited by Glarbin, Sep 21, 2015
  2. Megaben99

Megaben99 I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Links or pics would help the group tell you for sure.

RTS = Real Time Save. N hasn't bothered with any new blocks on R4 carts since 9.4 or 9.5. Doubtful any new block is going to come. Just to verify, R4 carts will work on a 3DS but are only going to play DS ROMS or emulate NES GB or GBC. Anything like SNES or GBA will not emulate well on a R4 cart...need to look at a DSTwo. If you want to run 3DS ROMs you'll need a Sky3DS on 10.1.

3. Glarbin
    OP

Glarbin Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    I added some pics

4. olshrimpeyes

olshrimpeyes Your question is bad and you should feel bad

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    GNU/Somewhere
    Honestly there so many different clones called r4i 3ds gold we'd really need to see a link or pic to tell you anything about differences. Though most (read all on the market) of them should work on 10.1.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

One may not include real time saves. Though I think that's highly unlikely as almost all modern cards have this. I own one of the RTS ones I can vouch that it works on 10.1. I'd just grab that one to be safe.