is the argon 2 a good mod chip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by bp2000, Feb 25, 2009.

1. bp2000
    OP

bp2000 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    im think im going to get a argon 2 is it good and what is the chance i will get bricked and does it work with 3.4

2. bp2000
    OP

bp2000 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    i need to know soon

3. ddp127

ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    so far drivechips have had no problems with firmware, and they will not brick your wii

personally i dont like argon, because they steal homebrew without giving credit, but that is just me

4. SirTempest

SirTempest GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2009
    Gambia, The
    you can only get a brick with the chip, if you install a disc update from a game which is not your region e.g. pal or ntsc-j

edit: i have a d2pro and i am happy with it

5. bp2000
    OP

bp2000 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    what do you mean you can only get brick with the chip

6. SirTempest

SirTempest GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i mean: if you only want to play backups and do nothing else with your wii, the biggest problem is, that you might install an update from an another region. i think you have a ntsc-u wii, since you have an american flag under your nick and if you want to play a pal or ntsc-j game and you update from this gama by accident, your wii will be bricked.
    this can not happen, when you have no modchip ;-)
    i hope you can understand it know. it is nearly 1 am in germany and my brain is already in bed [​IMG]

7. bp2000
    OP

bp2000 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    ok thanks

8. jhardluck

jhardluck Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    If I am not mistaken all of the drive key type of chips still currently work at only 3x. I have not heard if the Argon 2 can work any faster but, I don't believe so.

9. bp2000
    OP

bp2000 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    this is not a drive key type chip it just has a built on wiiclip and its at 6x speed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice