Homebrew Is it worth putting custom system theme on Vwii

wiihaxs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to put a dark mode theme on my Vwii but when I checked the tutorial is says there’s a change of bricking it and like is it worth the risk so I can put my Vwii on dark mode?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you follow the instructions, you'll be fine. I installed my vWii theme forever ago and it couldn't have been easier. Plus, if you brick your vWii, you can easily recover it from the Wii U side of the system (at least that's my understanding, I've never had to recover the vWii from a brick, but its supposed to be simple and easy). I will say that if you've installed Priiloader to your vWii already that you should not install a new menu theme at that point, you can install a theme before installing priiloader, but installing one after you've installed Priiloader, even i you do everything right, it will also lead to the vWii bricking.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah it's easy however iirc and unsure if it's changed their are limited selections for vWii but a good few dark modes. Like Mika, i done my own aaages ago but tbh... Im NEVER EVER in it so in the end it was pointless really but it would have bugged if me as the white is begging to be changed!!

waywardLam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is good to know. The instructions on the following page:

wii.guide/themes-vwii

suggest using MyMenuify on vWii to install the theme, but no specific instructions are given on installing mymenuify on vWii as compared to regular Wii, Would I be correct in assuming that mymenuify is installed on vwii in the very same way as it is on regular wii?

Many thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto