Gaming Is it worth playing P3P?

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,695
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted_171835

OP
I impulse bought P3P about a week after beating P4G, needed to fill that SMT fix. I didn't know that the game would be in this visual novel style though. Not being able to see the actual character models, actually walk through the areas and see animated cutscenes is killing immersion for me and while the setting and overall story seems cooler than P4G, it still feels like a massive downgrade.

Now at the moment, I don't have a PS3 and can't play FES. Should I stick with P3P or wait until I can play FES and enjoy it like it was meant to be played? Or...should I play P3P now and then do a complete max-social link run with FES later?

Granted, I'm already 3 hours in as the male character, near the end of April but I'm fine with quitting if I should.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Yes. Yes.

P3FES is better regarding the story beause it includes 'The Answer' which acts as an epilogue to the events of P3 however gameplay is all dungeon crawling on hard mode.

P3P does have better gaemplay such as the inclusion of guarding in battle and full party control which are absent batle features in P3 and P3FES. Plus it has the female protag whose pretty cool. P3P looks lovely on the Vita mind. The Vita screen does the visual novel style a great justice.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P3P fixed a lot of things here and there, and made it easier to be a man-whore social butterfly. :P Really the exclusion of walking around the school just saves time and resources, and so much of the game is either reading the social links or in Tartarus (which was kept the same).

I could never force myself to play through "The Answer" since it is really grindy, but I've seen it on Youtube to get the complete story out of Persona 3. Play P3 Portable and watch the FES exclusive stuff. ;)

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
P3F is on sale right now for $2.50 on psn's anime sale.
i also bought P3P for $5 on the sale this week then bought P3F on this new sale. well worth the money.
been holding off buying the other Shin Megami Tensei games(DDS1 and 2 and Nocturne are the only others i need) because i know that they will go on sale eventually.

Clanver

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Germany
For me it was the other way around. I played through P3P and loved it. Then i startet P4G, and alle the walking around got somehow annoying xD . . Even though basically all Rpgs go this route . .
I just was too used to p3p ~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...