Hacking Is it worth downgrading to 3.2?

nl255

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have the 3.4 system menu. Is it worth downgrading to 3.2 even if I already fixed the IOSes with the IOS Downgrader? Specifically, I have performed the steps in the Wii Fix Guide but have not dowgraded the system menu. What are the advantages to downgrading as well as any disadvantages.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have the same question. I also soft modded my Wii yesterday(everything seems to be working fine, even played two games) and I also have Firmware 3.4. Some here have said how firmware 3.4 is so bad but I'm not seeing it. I could downgrade to 3.2 but only if I were given good reasons to do so. The only issue I'm seeing so far is that when I put in a backup game and I play it through backup launcher, when I go back to the HOME screen under the Disc Channel I just see the disc there, but it doesn't say the name of the game, if I press the disc channel, can I play the game through there?

nl255

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lakerfanalways said:
Yeah I have the same question. I also soft modded my Wii yesterday(everything seems to be working fine, even played two games) and I also have Firmware 3.4. Some here have said how firmware 3.4 is so bad but I'm not seeing it. I could downgrade to 3.2 but only if I were given good reasons to do so. The only issue I'm seeing so far is that when I put in a backup game and I play it through backup launcher, when I go back to the HOME screen under the Disc Channel I just see the disc there, but it doesn't say the name of the game, if I press the disc channel, can I play the game through there?

From what I understand, 3.4 is bad because it disables twilight hack (mostly) and patches all the IOSes to get rid of the signing bug. Of course, I have already done the Wii Fix and re-enabled so I now have a Wii with the 3.4 system menu but the signing bug will work.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
Lakerfanalways said:

From what I understand, 3.4 is bad because it disables twilight hack (mostly) and patches all the IOSes to get rid of the signing bug. Of course, I have already done the Wii Fix and re-enabled so I now have a Wii with the 3.4 system menu but the signing bug will work.

yeah I think I have the most up to date twilight hack, so far so good. My Menu has the homebrew channel and the backup launcher, am I supposed to have anything else there, well, that and the usual stuff that comes from Nintendo(Disc channel, weather, mii, etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.