Is it worth downgrading to 3.2?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nl255, Feb 23, 2009.

Feb 23, 2009
  1. nl255
    OP

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

I currently have the 3.4 system menu. Is it worth downgrading to 3.2 even if I already fixed the IOSes with the IOS Downgrader? Specifically, I have performed the steps in the Wii Fix Guide but have not dowgraded the system menu. What are the advantages to downgrading as well as any disadvantages.

2. Lakerfanalways

Member Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah I have the same question. I also soft modded my Wii yesterday(everything seems to be working fine, even played two games) and I also have Firmware 3.4. Some here have said how firmware 3.4 is so bad but I'm not seeing it. I could downgrade to 3.2 but only if I were given good reasons to do so. The only issue I'm seeing so far is that when I put in a backup game and I play it through backup launcher, when I go back to the HOME screen under the Disc Channel I just see the disc there, but it doesn't say the name of the game, if I press the disc channel, can I play the game through there?

3. nl255
    OP

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

From what I understand, 3.4 is bad because it disables twilight hack (mostly) and patches all the IOSes to get rid of the signing bug. Of course, I have already done the Wii Fix and re-enabled so I now have a Wii with the 3.4 system menu but the signing bug will work.

4. Lakerfanalways

Member Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yeah I think I have the most up to date twilight hack, so far so good. My Menu has the homebrew channel and the backup launcher, am I supposed to have anything else there, well, that and the usual stuff that comes from Nintendo(Disc channel, weather, mii, etc)