Homebrew Is it possible to play DSi ware rom (.cia) on 3ds emulator ?

bosskay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nobody can do the reading/learning for you. https://dsi.cfw.guide/
On this website it actually mentionned that I need a DSi to reach my goal,a nd I don't have a DSi, but I can already have access to the DSi menu, and if I understand correctly I need to add on this menu Hiya and TWL++. But I need to do this without SD card or something and without DSi.

Is it possible to have access to a no$gba folder with a Hiya and TWL++ already installed ?

Last edited by bosskay,

bosskay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The only methods I know are installing
  • unlaunch on the virtual NAND (DSI-1.MMC) followed by
  • HiyaCFW and TWiLight Menu++ on virtual SD (DSI-1.SD) …
  • … and then adding the games to HiyaCFW(SDNAND) and/or TWiLight Menu++

How I supposed to follow you tuto if the tuto is about real SD Card ? How the virtual console could detect the virtual SD card ?? It's not the same case

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How the virtual console could detect the virtual SD card ??
No$gba fully emulates the SD functions as well. The file DSI-1.SD is what is inserted automatically into the virtual DSi as an SD. Whatever is done with a physical SD for a physical DSi, has to be done inside DSI-1.SD for the emulated DSi.

When following https://dsi.cfw.guide/ there are only two differences compared to a real DSi:
  • No need for the Memory Pit exploit. Unlaunch can be installed right from virtual "cartridge"
  • You don't put the things HiyaCFW Helper provides on a real SD but inside the SD image named "DSI-1.SD"
    • Windows does not mount such images by default. This has to be done with third-party software like OSFMount.
    • OSFMount will provide an additional drive (letter), just like a real SD(reader) does when connecting to the computer.
Please use the path of the guide that installs both, HiyaCFW and TWiLight Menu++, and not only TWiLight Menu++. Touchscreen initialization seems to fail (on No$gba, real DSi is fine) when directly booting to TWiLight Menu++ without HiyaCFW.

bosskay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No need for the Memory Pit exploit. Unlaunch can be installed right from virtual "cartridge"
Okay, it's doesn't work for me. I use 2 method, I use my cousin's DSi to perform the tuto and it doesn't work I have an error when I launch fwTool on my DSi. It block the loading at 1500 blocks(and sometime at 586 blocks, cf image) my console version is 1.4.5 and I dowload pit for 1.4 - 1.4.5.

1581003592-85023486-582655625621395-228880022679584768-n.jpg

Then i try to use virtual SD and I can't even launch fwTool a window open and say: "notyet supported sd/mmc command 00000001"

How I supposed to fix at least one of these problem ?

=============================== EDIT ==============================

I format my DSi SD Card and I follow the rest of tutorial and it's work ! Okay... but the problem with no$gba still the same... How can i transfer all my data from my DSi (like NAND or something I don't know) to No$GBA ? Like this I could find my old DSi menu on No$GBA with all games and stuff...

If I try any manipulation on unlauch launcher or something like this I automatically get this error:
1581215528-unlaunch-test.png

@KleinesSinchen How could I fix it with virtual SD method propose in this page.

Last edited by bosskay,

whbinder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Sorry to dust off an old thread, but I've hit a snag that I can't quite wrap my head around.

I have plenty of DSIware files in NDS that work very well in No$gba. Slow, sure, but fine.
I also have some in CIA format. When I use NINFS, I can extract the NDS really easily, but tnose NDS files will not load in no$gba.

Open to thoughts on why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already