1. Andrew57961

OP Andrew57961 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I enjoy attempting glitches on games, and I wanted to know if the switch online snes emulator is accurate enough to run arbitrary code. I can't tell you how many hours I wasted trying on the Wii U before I realized it would never work.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Accurate how?

If the arbitrary code stuff relies on super precise inputs or some kind of fun with RNG then that may or may not be harder, if it relies on some instruction not being there or an accuracy of hardware a la https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011...-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/ , if the ROM is mostly an asset dump and the game itself is rewritten, is a dynarec system, or seriously limited emulation...

I would however expect the average SNES emulator in this day and age to be accurate and broad enough for most purposes if all you are doing is overwriting memory/setting enough amounts of items in your inventory to be instructions and then jumping to it. If you happen to rely on some kind of hardware accuracy for one of those instructions, or it emulating unexpected behaviour that might tank things but the same could also be said about different revisions of the hardware.

3. Andrew57961

OP Andrew57961 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'll just have to give it a go and see what happens

Just found out, the software closes if the game crashes

Last edited by Andrew57961, Jul 21, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - arbitrary, execution, possible