iPod Touch decision

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to upgrade my iPod Nano 1g. So I racked up $400 and I am gonna go ahead and get the 16gb iPod Touch 2g. Is that a good choice or will I regret it come a iPod Touch 3g (generation)? Should I wait?

Also, what can I expect from a new iPod Touch in fall?

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Definitely wait for the 3rd generation iPod touch. It's rumored to be announced with the 3rd generation iPhone this summer at WWDC which is June 8th - 12th.

As far as what the 3rd generation will bring... that's all up to speculation. Follow http://www.macrumors.com for any rumblings about future Apple products.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The iPod Touch will be refreshed in september if you ask me...september is the month of the iPod event

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i would wait to get the newer touch. you already have an ipod so just be patient and you'll get a MUCH better deal. and besides, the newer generation might have some really cool and important features that you might regret not having. At the very least wait for the official announcement to see what it will be like and with what features. It would be foolish to just get one right now.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Reaper said:
Keep in mind the 2G is still only at a tethered jailbreak so the 3G will take even longer

2G has been untethered for about a month now...mine is currently untethered.

Since we're already in April, I say you should wait for 3G. 5 more months until Apple would usually release a new gen of products.

MrDillDough

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait for the 3G, and if you don't like the looks or features, you can buy the 2G.
yay.gif

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I got a plan. I am going to get the 2g. Along with that I am also going to get a Best Buy Geek Squad 2 year extended warranty where they will replace it if say, the battery starts to lower. So Thats exactly what I am going to do, wait until the 3g comes out, complain that the battery is shit and they will HOPEFULLY give me a 3g since they will most likely not carry the 2g.

What do you think?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mcjones92 said:
Alright I got a plan. I am going to get the 2g. Along with that I am also going to get a Best Buy Geek Squad 2 year extended warranty where they will replace it if say, the battery starts to lower. So Thats exactly what I am going to do, wait until the 3g comes out, complain that the battery is shit and they will HOPEFULLY give me a 3g since they will most likely not carry the 2g.

What do you think?
That's what I did when I upgraded my Nano to the Touch 2G, returned my Nano, got store credit, bought the iPod touch 2G
biggrin.gif

Kyoton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is something beautiful. Can we make a thread about things like this? Ways around the system?
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(mcjones92 @ Apr 7 2009, 05:31 PM) *

What do you think?

That's what I did when I upgraded my Nano to the Touch 2G, returned my Nano, got store credit, bought the iPod touch 2G biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k