vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm thinking of buying a Ipod Touch soon and was wondering if the new 3rd gen ipod touches could be jail broken yet
unsure.gif
i hear the 3rd gen has a better processor than previous models so im interested in that one.

Jail breaking the Ipod touch is very important to me as i HATE APPLE
mad.gif
with a vengeance (1000 pound for THAT F*CK OFF!) so i would really like to steal there apps and such, if the 3rd gen isn't jailbreakable then i will most likely get the 2nd gen
biggrin.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You hate Apple, yet you buy their stuff, and steal the developer's apps (not Apple's)? Just do yourself a favour and buy a Zune if Apple sucks so much

D

Deleted User

You can jailbreak an iPod Touch 3G using blackra1n, but it's a tethered jailbreak.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Takeshi said:
You can jailbreak an iPod Touch 3G using blackra1n, but it's a tethered jailbreak.
Yup.

Tethered Jailbreak means once you turn it off, the Jailbreak has gone. So if you don't usually turn off your iPod you're fine. If you do happen to turn it off, or if it runs out of battery, all you need to do is Jailbreak it again with blackra1n (which is incredibly easy, you click one button and in about 30 seconds it is Jailbroken).

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thx guys i might go for a 2nd gen
biggrin.gif
and i hate apple yes , but this is one product i believe hasn't been ridiculously overpriced (mac book anyone) and the games look interesting and being free it would give me a good chance to get used to the platform
smile.gif
(and pirate)

EDIT: anyone know any good sites i can read up on about jailbreaking etc keep up with the news
smile.gif
and i were to visit the apple store would they only carry 3rd gens
unsure.gif

-Verg

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you're intending to pick up a 2G touch from Apple, those are tethered as well... (The 8 GB touch, contrary to popular belief, is indeed a 2G touch, sans untethered goodness.) The easy way to pick those out is by the model number; if it begins with "MC", you're stuck with a tethered jailbreak.

If you wanna keep up with the latest iPhone stuff, I would suggest the ModMyi.com and iPod touch Fans forums. Personally, I go straight to the sources.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one