iPlayer GBA Save Issue

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Danny Tanner, Jan 9, 2010.

Jan 9, 2010

iPlayer GBA Save Issue by Danny Tanner at 2:29 PM (939 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Danny Tanner
    OP

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've been using the iPlayer GBA emulator for a while with no issue. But i started playing MOTHER3 on it and (painfully) I am having trouble saving. I know save works, because every time I boot the game, it shows me the file I saved 15 minutes in. But every time I save afterwards, although it writes and registers the save, once I reset it no longer exists.

I looked through the files on my cart, and most games in my game folder don't have .sav files with them, but saves still work. In another file (one that the emulator itself seems to handle) there is a MOTHER3 .sav file (with a slightly different name), and a .rts file (which I am assuming is real time save, but I have never used real time save).

Any ideas?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The gba emulator only uses save states (not the same as save files), which there are 32 of.

The disappearing save states is a known bug in the emulator, probably will not be fix until SCDS2 comes out, if at all.

3. Danny Tanner
    OP

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ah gotcha, thank you very much. Is this similar to the way (at least some of the) gba flashcarts would use a save state, and then the next time you turned it on, the official 'sav' would be written? That's how it was with EZ4 and it seems similar to this.

4. Princess Rozalin

Member Princess Rozalin †GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†

United States
    this is a Know issue already.Not sure when it will be Fix however some Games are Compatible to Saving some are not.Im Trying to Finish Testing it so People knows which games work on not.Darkchen needs to Fix the Emulator though since its only Ver 1 though.