Hacking IOS9 V512 cannot be installed (ret -1022)

nash79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I cannot seem to be able to install IOS9 in my WII. I can install all the wads, move from Menu 3.2 to 3.1 using WAD Manager. The only problem rises when trying to install IOS9 v512. Even updating using Zelda, freezes when the bar reaches the end.
This is the message it gives when installing with WAD MANAGER 1.4:
QUOTE said:
installing wad, please wait
>> installing content #01 Error Ret -1022
press any key to continue
when I go to anytitle deleter, I find the IOS9 is installed. and even though, the zelda disk keeps asking for update (and freezes upon updating).
I even get to uninstall it with Wad manager.
Do you know what could the problem be?
thanks in advance

nash79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because I had Zelda disk asking me to update while I was already on 4.0. I read somewhere around the forums that IOS9 might get corrupted. As I couldnt overwrite it, I said maybe if I uninstall it I can reinstall it. So it was already messed up (dont ask me why cause I aint got no clue).

nash79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone? (for a solution)

Update: I installed V521 and it worked. I guess v516 had sthg that didnt allow it to install.
Thanks anyways.

dinayv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
IOS9 ? thats old
since it is not a commonly used ios ( I guess )
why not to try a different approach :
make yourself a backup disk of the game and then use WiiBrickBlocker ?
the game should work.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOS9 is commonly used. Its not for newer games, but things like Wii Sports, Zelda, and I think red steel still use it.

Games were designed for IOS9, and will always use IOS9. Just because we have IOS36,60, 61, etc. doesn't mean that the game will use them. Each game's header (TMD) specifies the IOS it needs to run. Since things like Wii Sports have headers that indicate IOS9 is needed, it has to be there when the time comes for it to be loaded. Otherwise the games do not work.

A new REVISION of IOS9 may come out, but its still just a version of IOS9, typically released to fix security holes.

Using brick blocker wouldn't help. All that does is remove the update from the ISO image. His IOS9 was missing. Since Zelda's header specifies that it needs IOS9, the wii tries to load IOS9 when Zelda starts. Since IOS9 is missing, it fails to load, and the game hangs with a blank screen.

EDIT: fixed typo (TMF changed to TMD) and reworded second paragraph.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol