Hacking Ios58 help

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,730
  • Replies 61
D

Deleted User

OP
May I ask What problems might I have if I don't do so? Everything seems to be working perfectly.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask What problems might I have if I don't do so? Everything seems to be working perfectly.
Potential compatibility issues with certain games, homebrew getting confused.

Granted, if it's working right now, then there's no immediate pressing need to reinstall everything, but it's something you should consider doing eventually.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.1C is apparently present on systems sold in mainland China. Either that, or the configuration of Chinese systems is KOR region code + USA system menu, which is why it shows up as 4.1C.

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And 58, which is needed by Nintendont to play GC games.

You don't have to update IOS58.
The only difference between IOS58 (rev 6175) and IOS58 (rev 6176) is the version number. No added functionality.

Once Nintendo was done supporting the Wii, they went and incremented ALL the game IOSs by +1 (basically any that aren't a multiple of 10). They hoped that it would force update the IOSs to remove any patches you had applied. Most people with softmods have Priiloader installed to block updates so it didn't matter.

While having your game IOSs patched won't hurt anything beyond playing a Retail disc, you may want to fix them just to know what versions you have installed.

Updating the cIOS above 200 would have an impact on your ability to play homebrew apps or external USB drive compatibility. Currently you have d2x v6 in 245, 246, and 247 with a Wanin rev 19 in 249 and most likely in 250.
Just for context, the d2x cIOSs are based on the Wanin rev 22 cIOS and even those are now on v10.
There were 13 major versions of cIOSs released since your cIOS249 was released.

I believe at the time the guide you followed was released (based on d2x v6 install) some people opted to keep the rev 19 cIOS249 for better NEEK compatibility when playing virtual console games in the EmuNAND.

Of course, it is your Wii and if you can play everything you want to leave it as is.
If it's not broke, don't fix it...

D

Deleted User

OP
If it's not broke, don't fix it...
Exactly.
K thanks for all the help guys!
Any additional information i might use?

(Something that I forgot to mention...)
I used this little tool that I got off a YouTube tutorial that allowed you to install each single IOS by yourself. Which explains why all of my ios's are hacked/patched. Instead of using a homebrew app that "isn't responsible for any damage blah blah blah" I thought it might damage the system so...

Last edited by ,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly.
K thanks for all the help guys!
Any additional information i might use?

(Something that I forgot to mention...)
I used this little tool that I got off a YouTube tutorial that allowed you to install each single IOS by yourself. Which explains why all of my ios's are hacked/patched. Instead of using a homebrew app that "isn't responsible for any damage blah blah blah" I thought it might damage the system so...
Yeah, dont follow youtube guides. instead, read guides on this forum, or forums dedicated to the system/scene.

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those apps that warn you are usually the responsible ones. Whenever you modify a system file there is a risk, any good dev will at least warn you.
The best devs will also provide error checking to make sure files you use are uncorrupted. Modmii downloads the original IOS file from Nintendo, the patches for the d2x mod, and then hash checks the built cIOS file to make sure it is correct. The Guide: Softmod ANY Wii downloads come with the md5 sig so you can check them yourself once copied to your SD.

Of course even with pristine files, things can go wrong. In their 4.2 update, which included the boot2 v4 update (a key system file), Nintendo bricked more consoles than modders ever had. Now to be fair, it was probably approx. 1 in 1000, but N had forced millions of updates whereas modders only number in the hundred thousand range.

I prefer Modmii, personal guide from your answers with links to video clips, but Guide: Softmod ANY Wii has its advantages also. For instance, their modpack v14 has all the d2x v10 cIOSs, it contains a link to Priiloader 0.8 for the new Wiimote+ support, and the app pack has popular versions of USB loaders and a few other useful apps. Because it is a written guide with download links you don't have to be on a Windows machine to run a program...
It's on another Wii hacks website but is easily found via Google.

Sometimes YouTube can be helpful but it's better to say away as most of the guides there are outdated. And definitely say away from an app called Pimp My Wii, caused more headache than it's worth.

D

Deleted User

OP
One more thing?
When I start priiloader, I press load titles and it gives me this error:
"Warning: TMDsize error on 00010001-48414450"
Also, What's this weird channel?
Is it the SD Card menu settings but for some reason priiloader thinks it's a channel?
It's a black screen.

Attachments

• 20100429_151413.jpg
    20100429_151413.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 120

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing?
When I start priiloader, I press load titles and it gives me this error:
"Warning: TMDsize error on 00010001-48414450"
Also, What's this weird channel?
Is it the SD Card menu settings but for some reason priiloader thinks it's a channel?
It's a black screen.

That's "HADP" - the PAL Internet Channel (Opera browser) The channel might be corrupted.

D

Deleted User

OP
That's "HADP" - the PAL Internet Channel (Opera browser) The channel might be corrupted.
No, The Internet channel works fine.
That's another channel.
(See attached image)

Attachments

• 20170428_201018_001_5265.jpg
    20170428_201018_001_5265.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 96
D

Deleted User

OP
HAAA is the OLD photo channel. not needed, can be deleted.
If it's a separate channel than HAYA, why doesn't it appear on the system menu?
And how do I delete it? Using Anytitle deleter?
Speaking of the Photo Channel, does it work with SD Cards larger than 2 MBs?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
dude, you REALLY need to start reading a little, please, do yourself a favor, and start searching, and at least try to read or google.
Can't you just tell me what that means?
Like Literally rotating the screen 180 degrees or like corrupting the channel?

P.S Stop treating me like an idiot, Scarlet. Maybe I'm not as advanced as you are but I'm not ignorant either. Why are you doing this?

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi