iOS > Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by soulx, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soulx
    OP

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Search your hearts, you know it's true.

+ Superior app selection
    + Superior UI
    + No fragmentation like Android and the gazillion different devices.
    + Actually got gaems.
    + It's more symmetrical and shit, UI more cohesive.

[​IMG]

step yo game up android

2. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Huge error in the title.
    I think you meant "Android > iOS".
    Search your heart, soulx.

filfat and Duo8 like this.
  3. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Ruseler the Bamboozler strikes again.

4. Chiejina

Chiejina GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2011
    United States
    I have an iphone. Had an Android but got the Iphone 5 recently. And then Apple decides to discontinue it with a crap looking Iphone 5C as its alternative.

Only thing good about iphones is their fanbase.
    This creates more support for it or at least most apps start there before branching to android.
    Case in point, Iphones 5 has more gadgets, compatibility and accessories than any nexus device.

If google kept the Android OS and made their own phones, instead of opening it up to other companies such as Samsung and S3. Google/Android will no doubt be winning.

5. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    fragmentation
    [​IMG]

I've only used Android, but from what I've read, Android and iOS have advantages and disadvantages over eachother.

filfat and Duo8 like this.
  6. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    I think you will find both platforms have there ups and Downs and before you say it I am a user of ios, anderoid and blackberry

iOS may have a smoother os, games and less crapware in the app store however there is much that you can do with an android you simply can't with ios (speaking stock for both) not to mention your also paying for the name. now that's not to say iPhones or apple sucks they don't they just have a different appeal

7. Kirito-kun

Kirito-kun Disciple of GabeN

Banned
    Jul 23, 2013
    Canada
    22nd Floor
    Android smartphone master race reporting in.

Android has widgets, true multitasking, more customization options, multi-user profiles, a wider selection of hardware, more powerful hardware, a better notification tray, the ability to sideload apps, support for Adobe flash, firewalls, ad blockers, themes, a system terminal, a more open ecosystem, free dev support, better console emulators, and more. Tests show that Google Now is also faster than Siri. iOS is like a console OS while Android is like a PC OS.

Fragmentation?

Root your device and flash a custom ROM. Rooting is easier that Jailbreaking.

Better UI?

iOS has only had a "modern" UI since iOS 7. Android's UI has had a modern look since Android Ice Cream Sandwich, which came out way before iOS 7.

Games?

I have emulators for NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, GBC, GBA, DS, GameCube, and Wii on my smartphone. All of them, except the GameCube and Wii emulator run flawlessly. Have fun playing Angry Birds.

App selection?

You can only run apps that Apple approves of. I can download the free Android SDK, write myself my own Android app, compile it to an APK, and sideload onto my phone. Try that with iOS. There's even a IDE that'll run on an Android device natively, allowing you to develop and run programs all on the same device.

Enjoy your inferior operating system, iOS peasant.

filfat, Duo8, naved.islam14 and 2 others like this.
  8. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    "lol it's Saturday and I am bored, I will make an android vs iOS thread on the temp so the flames can keep me warm lol"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.