OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!! I'm new in the forum (sorry about my bad english
frown.gif
)
I wanted to ask you about "Akaio". Is it possible to invert the touchscreen scrolling? I wish I could "drag" and not "push" (that is the impression I get when I use it XD) the menu, but I find no option to do so.
unsure.gif

Thank you very much in advance
happy.gif
. Sorry if the text isn't understand.
mellow.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know exactly what you want, it's very clear and understandable.
However, that feature isn't implemented in AKAIO. I think something like that (the Moonshell2 scrolling) would be relatively easy to do, since I think it's just an inverted version of the normal scroll, so you might want to request it here: http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Vnice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
I know exactly what you want, it's very clear and understandable.
However, that feature isn't implemented in AKAIO. I think something like that (the Moonshell2 scrolling) would be relatively easy to do, since I think it's just an inverted version of the normal scroll, so you might want to request it here: http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Thank you for the info
yay.gif
I will post something about there
happy.gif

PD: I feel relieved to be understandable!! XDD
smile.gif

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i don't understand what you are asking for. you can already "drag" along the right side of the touch screen to scroll.

-another world

He wants to be able to scroll the screen like you would on an iPod Touch, by dragging it. When you move your finger right, the screen moves left.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
and i want to find chicken wings in california served with real blue cheese and not some dressing or ranch alternative. then again i'd be happy that when i ask for hot sauce they don't bring me tabasco (pepper water).

i don't really see the point of this request or how it betters akaio in any way? its just a personal preference and not one shared by normmatt, the developer.

-another world

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i don't understand what you are asking for. you can already "drag" along the right side of the touch screen to scroll.

-another worldKey word was "inverted".
Maybe if you spent more time reading rather than making pointless replies you would have picked up on that.
(Also, you can drag anywhere on the screen)

QUOTE(Another World @ Oct 24 2010, 09:03 PM) i don't really see the point of this request or how it betters akaio in any way? its just a personal preference and not one shared by normmatt, the developer.

-another world
Huh.. I didn't know Another World was Normmatt.
Isn't having two accounts on GBAtemp against the rules?

But seriously, you are not Normmatt, so you shouldn't speak for Normmatt.
They're SUGGESTIONS for a reason. If you don't like it DON'T USE IT! It really is that simple.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Another World said:
i don't really see the point of this request or how it betters akaio in any way? its just a personal preference and not one shared by normmatt, the developer.

-another world
Huh.. I didn't know Another World was Normmatt.
Isn't having two accounts on GBAtemp against the rules?

But seriously, you are not Normmatt, so you shouldn't speak for Normmatt.
They're SUGGESTIONS for a reason. If you don't like it DON'T USE IT! It really is that simple.
Dude take a chill pill, AW works closely w/ the AKAIO team. Plus he's staff, give him some respect and you don't to lecture him on the rules.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol twiztidsinz, not even hesitating to talk back to AW xD. Anyways, the OP does sort of have semi-decent reason. I mean, there isn't a displayed scrollbar like in Moonshell2 and it does give the impression that the things onscreen should scroll with the stylus rather than against it...but really it never bothered me much xD (the file browser is much faster anyways, so the point of adding the feature is pretty much for aesthetic purposes).

It wouldn't hurt to suggest for the feature, though I generally thought Normmatt added stuff based on functionality, dependability, and demand...but hey it does sound like something easy to add so who knows xD.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
It wouldn't hurt to suggest for the feature, though I generally thought Normmatt added stuff based on functionality, dependability, and demand...but hey it does sound like something easy to add so who knows xD.
Seems that features being added is based on mood.

There was a suggestion to add a 'Recent' list made on the forums and one of the Moderators ripped into him about 'not helping pirates'.
http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2155#p2155

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd love the inverted option. That's one thing that pisses me off. So now I just press right on the D-Pad to skip, but still, I'd want the inverted scrolling. This way just feels backwards to me.

Vnice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! Later i don't revise this post and i saw in the forum of suggestions in Akaio that my post was deleted. I repost it and they close de post...
unsure.gif

It's really THAT unviable to do that button?? Like others, I think it's something that can turn more enjoyable navegate by the menu, it isn't a problem with Up and Down like they told me... I'm really confused
blink.gif

PD: thanks for the "support" to my idea
blush.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@twizzletwat: i read it and i still don't understand why would someone want to scroll up for down and down for up. i still don't see how this would benefit akaio in anyway? fighting for the implementation of such suggestions means something else gets over looked or skipped. i'd rather see a gba cheat engine, the rts build i have made public, slow-mo added back in, frequent loader updates, the ap patching fixed so download play works, file renaming added, the 16byte gba save header removed, f2a support added, 3in1+ support updated, file hidden attribute on/off added, favorites added (instead of 1 shortcut), etc.

-another world

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
@twizzletwat: i read it and i still don't understand why would someone want to scroll up for down and down for up. i still don't see how this would benefit akaio in anyway?

Dude, it's a preference that some people want. Just like how they add it in every shooter because some people prefer it. I would prefer to have it inverted when selecting my roms.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another World said:
@twizzletwat: i read it and i still don't understand why would someone want to scroll up for down and down for up. i still don't see how this would benefit akaio in anyway? fighting for the implementation of such suggestions means something else gets over looked or skipped. i'd rather see a gba cheat engine, the rts build i have made public, slow-mo added back in, frequent loader updates, the ap patching fixed so download play works, file renaming added, the 16byte gba save header removed, f2a support added, 3in1+ support updated, file hidden attribute on/off added, favorites added (instead of 1 shortcut), etc.

-another world
Why so serious dude?
I thought the "Suggestions" forum was for, yea, suggestions.

And I actually think OP's idea is pretty damn good. I've been missing this feature ever since I began using my Acekard.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
@twizzletwat: i read it and i still don't understand why would someone want to scroll up for down and down for up. i still don't see how this would benefit akaio in anyway?It's the same way Moonshell2 and iPods scroll, and I have to admit, it feels more natural.

Another World said:
fighting for the implementation of such suggestions means something else gets over looked or skipped.Right... because they can only add one feature at a time.

Another World said:
i'd rather see a gba cheat engine, the rts build i have made public, slow-mo added back in,Bug the people at http://www.acekard.com/ for those features.
Those are the kinds of things Normmatt isn't adding until the official team supports them.

QUOTE(Another World @ Oct 25 2010, 06:27 AM) frequent loader updates,
For that you can "blame" Rudolph... or at least Normmatt does.
Which I find kind of hypocritical since Normmatt cracked Moonshell2 to be able to launch commercial ROMs via EXTLINK after Moonlight removed it -- twice.

QUOTE(Another World @ Oct 25 2010, 06:27 AM)
the ap patching fixed so download play works, file renaming added, the 16byte gba save header removed, f2a support added, 3in1+ support updated, file hidden attribute on/off added, favorites added (instead of 1 shortcut), etc.
AP Patch fixed> Being worked on.
File renaming> Has been suggested (and pretty much ignored)
GBA Save Header> Haven't heard of it (Did you make a suggestion in the forums?)
F2A Support> Haven't heard of it (Did you make a suggestion in the forums?)
3in1+ Support> I think someone would need to have a 3in1+ and not just a 3in1, care to donate to Normmatt?
Set/Remove Hidden Attribute> Use XenoFile or DSOrganize 3.1129 for This + File Renaming
More favorites> Has been suggested, shot down and then raged on which seems to be par for the course over on the AKAIO forums.

The above reason is why I don't post on the AKAIO forums. I filled out a bug report (about the fact that AKAIO doesn't fall back to Secondary DNS if the Primary DSN fails) TO THE LETTER according to the guide it was ignored for a while then deleted. I'm pretty sure if I repost it someone from the AKAIO team will get butthurt over it and tell me 'well use the right settings' rather than fix a defect.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Set/Remove Hidden Attribute> Use XenoFile or DSOrganize 3.1129 for This + File Renaming
How do you set/remove hidden attribute on xenofile? i didnt know it can do that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free