Introduction and a request for orientation.

XularusXIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'Sup GBAtemp? My pseudonym is XularusXIII. You can call me Xul or Matt. I'm a young man with a lot of passion for games, but with not so many skills. Most of my time right now is spent playing games or listening to the music from them to try and gain inspiration, and sometimes trying to figure out how to work with or on them. I found this site when I googled how to extract music and sound effect from NDS games, and thought maybe this place would be useful in helping me to realize my goals. I looked up the history on the wiki, but I'm still not so sure about what the main purpose of the site is, so could you guys fill me in a little? That being said, the aforementioned goals include learning whatever skills I need to work with an SDK like UDK, Source SDK, etc. If you guys have a board for that, could you point me that way? If not, maybe recommend me a good place to go for stuff like that.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
'Sup GBAtemp? My pseudonym is XularusXIII. You can call me Xul or Matt. I'm a young man with a lot of passion for games, but with not so many skills. Most of my time right now is spent playing games or listening to the music from them to try and gain inspiration, and sometimes trying to figure out how to work with or on them. I found this site when I googled how to extract music and sound effect from NDS games, and thought maybe this place would be useful in helping me to realize my goals.
Here's a good thread for that:
http://gbatemp.net/t...-from-nds-roms/
I looked up the history on the wiki, but I'm still not so sure about what the main purpose of the site is, so could you guys fill me in a little? This used to be a ROM hosting site circa 2002, but now it has diversified into pretty much a general purpose gaming site. Don't get me wrong, there is still an active pirate community here, but it really can be anything you want it to be -- just ask/look around. :)
That being said, the aforementioned goals include learning whatever skills I need to work with an SDK like UDK, Source SDK, etc. If you guys have a board for that, could you point me that way?
Devkitpro: it has SDKs for Wii, DS, PSP, and even GBA. Here's a thread to get you started:
http://gbatemp.net/t...ent-on-windows/
If not, maybe recommend me a good place to go for stuff like that.
Right here. :P

Reactions: 1 person

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
*sees wall of text*

:O

anyways, welcome.

ehhmmm this site is about hacking consoles but no piracy and illegal content. we give hints though.

what else?? oh The EoF! it's at the bottom of the site. it's fun there. it'll eat more of your time.
beware there are some ponies there(i'm fine with them though).

XularusXIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sees wall of text*

:O

anyways, welcome.

ehhmmm this site is about hacking consoles but no piracy and illegal content. we give hints though.

what else?? oh The EoF! it's at the bottom of the site. it's fun there. it'll eat more of your time.
beware there are some ponies there(i'm fine with them though).

Um, what's an EoF? ._.?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since