mortys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Just receive mine and I must say that I'm happy. It could definitly be better but it's a good start as all emus are 1.0. Some optimisation and CPS2 and NEO will be f..g good.
In my opinion, it's worth the price.

airss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The white one is really pretty

Dingoo_A320_White.jpg

i want to get one from 4coolday , any one order Dingoo from them ?

Dingoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
Agreed, way too much. I might have considered it if it was lower. After all, I already have a PSP which does all that + more with a bigger screen.
It's half the price of the DSi and PSP. If you already have a PSP and you're running emus on it, you probably aren't the target market for this device.

For many people, a device which plays ROMs from half a dozen different retro platforms, for considerably less money than mainstream, locked-down machines would be considered a pretty good deal.

On top of that, this is purpose-built for emulation. There's no arms race against the manufacturer, no firmware cracks to get emus on there in the first place. Aside from the community, there are even companies providing after-sales support for this thing.

Dingoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
How much does it cost, anyway?
Prices in the UK are in the region of £69.99 - £79.99. This includes import VAT, and will generally get you next-day delivery by recorded post, with insurance. There will be support from competent people who are supporting the scene.

This is from UK-based dealers. The eBay prices are lower, but the products are typically held in China / HK, so there are shipping delays, customs charges and the lack of support to contend with.

Dingoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Geezuzkhrist119 said:
whats the battery life on the dingoo?
Around 8 hours.

Posts merged

QUOTE(jesterscourt @ Feb 17 2009, 06:24 AM) I'll keep my PSPLite, thanks. Cool idea though. If it supported MicroSDHC (or SDHC) you could pretty much carry the entire library for all those consoles with you.
I believe it is possible to use a microSD -> miniSD converter with an SDHC card. The Dingoo A320 supports card up to 8GB. Unofficially, *some* 16GB cards are known to work as well.

Dingoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Geezuzkhrist119 said:
Green0scar said:
m
Up to 8GB, but i dont know if its only mini sd or normal sd cards.

dx got 8gb

since the emulators for the ds arent great and havent been updated for like a year now, would the dingoo be a good purchase as a replacement?

Before I started selling the Dingoo A320s, that's what I originally got mine for. I got annoyed with the DS's low screen resolution (not big enough for MegaDrive emus) and weedy CPU (not powerful enough to handle scaling of the MegaDrive graphics at acceptable framerates).

There's a community supporting the Dingoo A320, and a Linux port is coming along nicely, which allows better emulators to be used.

Posts merged

Geezuzkhrist119 said:
m3rox said:
QUOTE(Geezuzkhrist119 @ Feb 17 2009, 12:59 AM)
so how good is the snes and nes emulator on it?

is it like the ds snes and nes emulator?
like can it play games like star fox, mario kart and mario rpg with no problem since accouple of the snes title have like the fx chip or the dsp1 chip?

The emulators looked pretty solid (which is shocking, seeing a handheld that looks like a GBM and has the interface of a PSP having better emulators than the PSP itself).

There are youtube videos of it online.

the video didnt show starfox or super mario kart. so it might not work.

is the dingoo sdhc?
1) No superFX emulation in the stock SNES emulator.
2) Yes, it supports SDHC cards in microSD form factor. You may also use a microSD card in a miniSD adapter.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thacobra said:
kobykaan said:
Wondering is this the imitation/clone DS console that was reported at Christmas?

No, Those were the iQue DS... they are now selling them at DealExtreme for $117 as "REFURBISHED" Real DS...

lol
I do not usually answer to dead posts/posters, but this one needs to be replied to, to avoid confusion.

iQue DS are official Nintendo DSLites endorsed by Nintendo for sell in China.
They have a different game region and a larger firmware to support all the Chinese characters.

So iQues are NOT clones/imitations, but the real deal. They just have a different brand because it's a joint venture between Nintendo and a chinese guy.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The quality of software is supposed to be really inferior. From the reviews I was reading awhile back, the emulators lack many features and the GBA and SNES barely work. So I fail to see how it's differentiated from the state of emulation already present on the DS. And at least by owning the latter, you get the DS library of games as well.

Meanwhile, if you already own a PSP or are interested in one, then there's no dispute which one is superior.

It comes down to whether anybody ends up owning one that is also prepared to pick up development of an emulator apart from the chinese stuff. I would advise others to hold off and see if anything worthwhile develops before blowing money on one.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
dib said:
The quality of software is supposed to be really inferior. From the reviews I was reading awhile back, the emulators lack many features and the GBA and SNES barely work. So I fail to see how it's differentiated from the state of emulation already present on the DS. And at least by owning the latter, you get the DS library of games as well.
GBA emulation is near perfect actually. SNES isnt great (the sound especially) but most games that dont use special chips look fine and are playable at least; i wouldn't say it "barely works". it's far better than the SNEmulDS in any case.

anyway for anyone interested theres a lot of info on linux and other developments here: http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/

Dingoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dib said:

Meanwhile, if you already own a PSP or are interested in one, then there's no dispute which one is superior.

It comes down to whether anybody ends up owning one that is also prepared to pick up development of an emulator apart from the chinese stuff. I would advise others to hold off and see if anything worthwhile develops before blowing money on one.

A PSP is twice the price of a Dingoo A320.

The Dingoo community *is* developing emulators for the machine, and they are pretty good. There is a Linux port under development, and it already supports many of the common open source emus, at close to full speed (before any optimisation). These are non-Chinese developments.

Considering the poor state of the DS emulators, I'd say that differentiates the Dingoo a lot. It's a more powerful machine, it has more RAM, and the screen has a more appropriate resolution for emulation. It's half the price. It has after-sales support and a warranty.

Anyone who thinks the GBA emulation on the Dingoo A320 'barely works' is talking nonsense. It works *very* well. SNES emulation isn't as good, but it runs most stuff, and is playable at least. SuperFX games don't work.

Link to the reviews please? I haven't read any reviews that say what you're claiming.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
after four months, i finally got mine the other day (not coz shpping was slow (actually, very fast for dx, shipped friday, got it tuesday), but i put off ordering for a long time).

its a very good device. the music player and video player alone are worth the money to money. then you have the snes and gba emulators (which aren't perfect but definitely playable). gba games are near perfect but when some games stuff up, they really do stuff up (i'm looking at you, mario sports games). i've been really happy with snemulds and the snes emulator on the dingoo makes a world of difference

theres really just too much to say right now. i may write a review if i have time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!