Internet Browsing & Video Linux Distro.

1NOOB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi.

Is there a free linux distribution that would be like only video viewing and internet browsing , i dont need anything else.

tl:dr

my Pc (320go) i would keep win7 and dual-boot with the linux distro. , in case i need to do whatever on windows .

so about the distro. , i dont know if theres anything like that but thats what i imagine:

you open your computer , choose boot XXXX linux , login , you got like 2 big icon on your chosen wallpaper one for video the other for Internet browsing , the video player should be good , vlc got a crappy random for example , a video player that would be made from the distro. if that even make sens xD .

i dont want to have a desktop or anything "windows like" like the Internet browser should be full screen , i dont want or need windows , as i choose Internet browsing oppose as video if you imagine with me the 2 big icons lol

my external disk (1To) got all my video on it nothing else

Solution
You could try Xbox Media Center.
This can be run live from an USB or CD, or you could install it on any Linux distro.

It's an awesome Mediacenter for playing video's, and could replace an OS when it's just used for video's and music.

But, I don't know if internet browsing is possible on it.
You could take a lightweight linux distro, put firefox and XBMC on it, and make like you said, 2 big icons, 1 for firefox, and 1 for XBMC.

http://xbmc.org/

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could try Xbox Media Center.
This can be run live from an USB or CD, or you could install it on any Linux distro.

It's an awesome Mediacenter for playing video's, and could replace an OS when it's just used for video's and music.

But, I don't know if internet browsing is possible on it.
You could take a lightweight linux distro, put firefox and XBMC on it, and make like you said, 2 big icons, 1 for firefox, and 1 for XBMC.

http://xbmc.org/

Solution

1NOOB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you ,lol this will do i think ill be able to do something with xbmc , i didnt know about that and i think it was jsut the thing i nedded lol as the browser can easily be firefox like you said (ill use google chrome tho but thats my choice : P ) juste hope it wont be to hard to do : D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.