PS1/2 Internal HDD fuse blown, need some advice

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

Towards the backend of last year I made this post - https://gbatemp.net/posts/9400170/

It was in regards to my PS2 no longer detecting any internal HDD. I got some advice in that post that I should check the fuses labeled "50" on the motherboard for continuity.

So today I finally got around to stripping the PS2 down and sure enough one of the "50" labeled fuses had absolutely no continuity.

CsWScZ0.jpg

I'm about to go ahead and order up some fuses so I can replace it but as I've never done anything like this before, I'm making a post because I would like to know the best way to go about doing it. I don't currently own a heat gun but I do have a soldering iron, flux, solder sucker and some solder wick. Would I be able to accomplish the job with these tools or am I going to need a heat gun to properly remove and reattach a new fuse?

Also another quick question. When I was dismantling my PS2 in the early stages. I was taking the top case off (just after unscrewing it) and this random piece fell out when I was rotating the console. Does anyone know where its supposed to go?

PuwOe1S.jpg

Any advice is welcome! I really appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup