Hacking Intermittent "No SD card found"

SvenFjord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting really sick of this. My M3 DS Real works absolutely wonderfully - when it launches. It intermittently (I don't know if that's the right word, in reality the launches are what's intermittent) sits there with the M3 Real logo in the bottom right corner for a seemingly random time (I would estimate in the range of 10-100 seconds) before telling me "No SD card found."
There is an SD card there. I even have a wad of tape on top of the card to press it down, because some people suggested that it helps, because of the card slot in the M3. But that hasn't really helped. I don't really see a difference when the tape is there vs.. when it isn't.
The pattern on the times it works is this:
- I take the M3 out, and put it back in while pressing it upwards in the slot
- I boot it (I usually do it with holding the A button during the health and safety warning so it's verbose)
- it sits there for a long time (towards the 100 seconds end of the time range) and then tells me that there isn't an sd card
- I turn it off and then back on again
- this time it immediately boots perfectly

Then it works MOST of the times I boot it after that, until I leave it for a while and then pick it up and turn it on again, in which case I have to go through the process again.
The process above only sometimes works. I've had to boot it upwards of 20 times before it works before, often just giving up before it does.

Please help. This is really really really frustrating.

Note: yes, I use the M3's provided microSD card reader. I haven't had any problems with it corrupting the card, and this doesn't seem like a firmware problem. I've reinstalled the SYSTEM folder multiple times and reformatted it and it hasn't helped. I don't have any other way of connecting the sd card to my computer.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i would further debug by trying a second msd card and a different card reader. if those also fail then the problem is probably with the flash kit itself.

if you aren't afraid to open up the shell, you may want to inspect the msd slot. check the solder points, look for any loose connections, etc.

-another world

SvenFjord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have another microSD card on hand at the moment, unfortunately. I have opened the shell multiple times, and I haven't seen anything obviously wrong with the connections. I'll have to check again. There is a possibility for another reader, but it's unlikely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: sounds like something Ween would play