Hacking Interesting... 7.55 down to 6.72 ?

DavidinCT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

Take this all with a grain of salt but, I figured the interest was here if people wanted to discuss it, or if they have not seen this before. People in the know say this is for real. It does not look like an EASY process.

https://twitter.com/Centrinouk/status/1301628145523724288

From the comments, I guess this is NOT on all PS4s that have been upgraded, you would need to have a back of your sflash and the syscon to be able to roll back.

This was from the original poster on how he did this. "I used a teensy 4 for the glitching, teensy 2 for sflash and a renesas e2lite to flash a blank ic"

This is a very little information on the actual process for this that I grabbed. Looking over things, in a nut shell, you make a backup, upgrade, then through a process you roll back after you re-flash chips.

Anyone know the details of the process here ? I even found a PDF on how to do this... not for the faint of heart...attached !

Attachments

• SYSGLITCH_DOWNGRADE.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,697
Reactions: MaxToTheMax
D

Deleted User

The problem is no ones going to have a backup because why would you have updated if you could be on 6.72 and lose your exploit. Almost everyone would have already updated before the exploit came out thus no backup.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It’s useful as a POC.

We 5.05/6.72 console owners can dump sflash and SC, update to 7.55, buy games (play games), downgrade, dump games on 5.05/6.72.

As I understand it: once a boot level exploit is found we can potentially downgrade any console using a donor SC dump (probably requires more files)

DavidinCT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found it very interesting and figure others would too. I am also still on 5.05, I did grab Last of US 2 and I was about to update to play this game.. but, I have been watching for this, as I really would not like to lose my mod.

This looks like a pretty challenging mod though..

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s useful as a POC.

We 5.05/6.72 console owners can dump sflash and SC, update to 7.55, buy games (play games), downgrade, dump games on 5.05/6.72.

As I understand it: once a boot level exploit is found we can potentially downgrade any console using a donor SC dump (probably requires more files)
hmmm interesting theory kiiwii on the boot/donor aspect i wonder if one is known privately or if boot time encryption is that secure only time will tell but if it's reported to hacker1 i doubt even sony will let it see the light of day because of how much of a security threat it is

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmmm interesting theory kiiwii on the boot/donor aspect i wonder if one is known privately or if boot time encryption is that secure only time will tell but if it's reported to hacker1 i doubt even sony will let it see the light of day because of how much of a security threat it is

I couldn’t confirm, or deny :ph34r:

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

You sure about the dumping part?

Didn't a full revert require to backup the internal HDD (you know, portion of FW installed on HDD, etc. etc.)? Also lower FWs lack keys to dump recent titles, so I don't think that part is also feasible...

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You sure about the dumping part?

Didn't a full revert require to backup the internal HDD (you know, portion of FW installed on HDD, etc. etc.)? Also lower FWs lack keys to dump recent titles, so I don't think that part is also feasible...

Afaik, no. There are people doing this right now.

I meant obtain 1.00 base games on PSN that are still on 6.72 firmware. Without updates.

For example Beatsaber. Once bought and paid for on 7.55 PSN, revert back to 6.72, dump, profit.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's several partitions on the ps4 hdd. there's either 14 or 15 off the top of my head. I recently formatted my ps4's hdd on my laptop using a sata station. I had to make the whole thing unallocated memory before putting it back in the ps4. anyway, one partition is where games is stored as mine was like 1.8GBs for that one partition.

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Afaik, no. There are people doing this right now.

Thought the HDD was tied to the FW, but as @godreborn recalled, it's not a single partition.

I meant obtain 1.00 base games on PSN that are still on 6.72 firmware. Without updates.

For example Beatsaber. Once bought and paid for on 7.55 PSN, revert back to 6.72, dump, profit.

Ah yeah, like this is reasonable... ^__^

Reactions: KiiWii

USUKDecks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A. it is real and it is NOT an easy process at all!!

B. this does not allow to just grab a ps4 and downgrade firmware!!

C. First you have to do ALL the steps involved to dump the CURRENT firmware you are on.
IF done successfully, you can then update your system, at any point in the future you can go
back down to the firmware you dumped... not an older one just that SPECIFIC one! and it MUST
be from YOUR system and nobody else's.

This is nothing even remotely close to like it was on the ps3. It will never be like that. And no, this will not
get streamed lined to the point where you can do it all via usb. For those who want to be stupidly optimistic,
go ahead, hold your breath....and wait. see what happens.

USUKDecks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@USUKDecks yeah we know.

I also don’t have a flasher... yet... but the mini guide looks pretty straight forward.

My testkit does update and downgrade but I don’t have any 7.50x firmware to get online with either :(

yeah ... I know you guys do ...but this was directed at the OP and those who seem to think its like (or gonna be like)
ps3. ^_^;)

centrinouk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just chipping in to update on getting games grabbed from 7.55 (6.72 compatible ones)
so far, no joy.
rif manager does not like it according to my uart logs. despite having the rif and idx files pulled from the 7.55 hdd
i have one more test to try then it looks to be a dead end unless one of the experienced devs can help

in experience of the process, it is a bit nerve racking at 1st, but now i've had some practise I can swap fw in 30 mins or so

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to downgrade from 7.55 to 6.72 is it possible now? their a post in this forum is it true?
xhardhempus website
Xhardhempus is FAKE. Do not use anything to do with them.

There is a hardware method, but it requires you to have backed up files on the FW you want to get back to (6.72) before you updated to 7.55.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have multiple low firmware PS4 consoles (all hackable). Can I back it all up, upgrade the firmware to the latest version, buy games from PSN, roll back to previous firmware, dump it all and made the games playable with lower firmware even if they were made for 7.00+ firmware then switch back to my latest firmware and continue using PSN without getting banned, sending a red flag etc?

Last edited by deSSy2724,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou