GCN Intec Travel Screen with hdmi

Rubyheart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like the correct section for this.

I'm currently working on a project with a Raspberry Pi, I'm going to take apart a Gamecube, house the Pi inside, and load emulators on it. I'm planning on using a third party travel screen as the main display, but the only ones I can find have the Gamecube connector hardwired to the screen, and the Pi outputs over HDMI. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this working? I know my way around a soldering iron, so I'm not afraid of that, I just don't know how I'd go from HDMI out to Gamecube screen in.

Any thoughts?

Drud1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Intec screen probably has a built in driver board to only accept analog inputs, meaning it would not be able to interpret HDMI. Why exactly do you need a small display over a TV that already supports HDMI? Is the Gamecube case only for aesthetic purposes?

Also since you could not get an actual resolution where you could see the benefit of HDMI using that old Intec screen, you could possibly get the special 3.5mm composite cable for the Rasberry Pi and get an adapter to connect to the other av input cord on the Intec display.

Last edited by Drud1995,

Rubyheart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For aesthetics and portability. I'm going to have it all selfcontained within the gamecube, and have it run on a battery. Having an attached screen removes the need for a TV. When I first saw the screen, I only say the gamecube video plug, I didn't see a composite in, but after some more searching, it looks like exactly what I need, no modding required.

Drud1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are making it portable, I would advise you to possibly dremel a charge port opening on the back or something for easier charging rather than taking it apart every time to charge. You could also make some 3D printed parts to better hold the Pi in place as to avoid wiring coming loose in your build while traveling.

Rubyheart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I can swing it, I'm going to try and use the original gamecube charging port, or at least use where it is as a way to charge the batteries. I have a dremel on the way, but lack a 3D printer. I have the pi in a nice lego case right now, so I could just hotglue a lego base plate down, and stick it on there. That way it's secure, but I can still remove it without too much trouble if I need to. I had originally wanted to use the controller ports as usb ports, but I'm going with bluetooth controllers now, so that shouldn't matter. I might make them usb ports anyway to charge things though.

apbritt98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Intec screen probably has a built in driver board to only accept analog inputs, meaning it would not be able to interpret HDMI. Why exactly do you need a small display over a TV that already supports HDMI? Is the Gamecube case only for aesthetic purposes?

Also since you could not get an actual resolution where you could see the benefit of HDMI using that old Intec screen, you could possibly get the special 3.5mm composite cable for the Rasberry Pi and get an adapter to connect to the other av input cord on the Intec display.

Stumbled upon this post while I was trying to do a similar project. Do you think that this cable would work to connect my Raspberry Pi B+ to the intec lcd display?

Drud1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Stumbled upon this post while I was trying to do a similar project. Do you think that this cable would work to connect my Raspberry Pi B+ to the intec lcd display?"

I can't say with 10% certainty, but I don't see why it wouldn't work as it is set to transmit video as well. Good luck!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Stumbled upon this post while I was trying to do a similar project. Do you think that this cable would work to connect my Raspberry Pi B+ to the intec lcd display?
I can't say with 100% certainty, but I don't see why it wouldn't work as the cable is set up to transmit video. Make note if you do not already know that the Rasberry Pi is set to default to HDMI.
Here is a link just in case: https://bhavyanshu.me/tutorials/for...o-composite-video-instead-of-hdmi/03/03/2014/

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up