Hacking Installing splitted nsp

mojowork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have split my 6,5Gb nsp thanks to SplitNSP-Swift-GUI. It gives me 2 files (00 and 01, no extension) inside a folder.
I copied this directory at the root of my fat32 SD card as I do for regular nsps (except that they are smaller)
I launch sxos, but the nsp is not listed on the installable nsp screan.
I saw that maybe it was because of an "archive" flag on the directory that I could set, but I'm on MacOs and it seems to be a Windows stuff.
I tried to install it via NSPinstaller homebrew, but it's another failure.

How could I process please ?

thanks,
ben

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yes. This because of absent archive flag. This is not mac or windows stuff, it is a filesystem stuff. So, either use windows or look for mac tool that can manage fat flags.

mojowork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. This because of absent archive flag. This is not mac or windows stuff, it is a filesystem stuff. So, either use windows or look for mac tool that can manage fat flags.
Thanks for your reply.

I found a page on applestackexchange.
so I tried this command :
sudo chflags arch my_folder
but it didn't seemed to work (I even tried "sudo chflags noarch my_folder" cause the doc say that it's inintuitive ;))

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
if i remember correctly the switch homebrew called "nx-shell" allows you to set the archive bit. it's a file browser for the switch. so you just load it up on your switch and click on the folder where you put your split nsp and select "set archive bit" or something like that.

Last edited by Ranshiro,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have split my 6,5Gb nsp thanks to SplitNSP-Swift-GUI. It gives me 2 files (00 and 01, no extension) inside a folder.
I copied this directory at the root of my fat32 SD card as I do for regular nsps (except that they are smaller)
I launch sxos, but the nsp is not listed on the installable nsp screan.
I saw that maybe it was because of an "archive" flag on the directory that I could set, but I'm on MacOs and it seems to be a Windows stuff.
I tried to install it via NSPinstaller homebrew, but it's another failure.

How could I process please ?

thanks,
ben

I had the same issues because I am on macOS. I use the tool called CleanEject. Very simple and less hassle and it can read mine just fine. Been used it for over a year.. All time and I am happy with it. You have to do it every time you want to put game on your SD Card through Mac.. Just use it every time and you will be fine. :)

mojowork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i remember correctly the switch homebrew called "nx-shell" allows you to set the archive bit. it's a file browser for the switch. so you just load it up on your switch and click on the folder where you put your split nsp and select "set archive bit" or something like that.
IT WORKS !
Thank you and thank Linuxares, I installed nx-shell and set the achive bit properly.
I precise that I renamed the folder to the complete rom name ("blablabla[0431573145]) and add ".nsp" (even if it was a folder)

Ben

Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
IT WORKS !
Thank you and thank Linuxares, I installed nx-shell and set the achive bit properly.
I precise that I renamed the folder to the complete rom name ("blablabla[0431573145]) and add ".nsp" (even if it was a folder)

Ben
That's the thing. It looks like a folder until the bit is set ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: