Hacking Installing reinand without gateway

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying to do this with a gateway but realised that if my girlfriend uses a ds game game it'll stop her from getting into emunand and with me going to uni and taking the gateway she won't be able to "re-hack" the system.

To get around this I wanted to follow the "without gateway" process but it only states cubic ninja to get into the homebrew channel. Is it possible to get into the channel with OoT3D?

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to do this with a gateway but realised that if my girlfriend uses a ds game game it'll stop her from getting into emunand and with me going to uni and taking the gateway she won't be able to "re-hack" the system.

To get around this I wanted to follow the "without gateway" process but it only states cubic ninja to get into the homebrew channel. Is it possible to get into the channel with OoT3D?

You need CN to run the next level of exploit. Without it, you won't be able to run the gateway exploit needed in order to create emuNAND, unless you're on 4.5 or below. You have three options - Flashcard like Sky3DS, you can use Gateway, or if you're on a low enough firmware, you can use Ocarina hax or browser exploit.

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need CN to run the next level of exploit. Without it, you won't be able to run the gateway exploit needed in order to create emuNAND, unless you're on 4.5 or below. You have three options - Flashcard like Sky3DS, you can use Gateway, or if you're on a low enough firmware, you can use Ocarina hax or browser exploit.

I have a gateway and OoT3D and can easily do the process with it but I want to do it without the gateway cause she won't have access to it.

Someone mentioned on reddit to me yesterday this but I'm not sure what it means

Also, a .cia of Cubic Ninja on the Sysnand will have full Ninjhax 1 capabilities on Reinand but not on Gateway, in case she ever needs it.​

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, there it is. Clarification. So assuming once again you're on a low enough firmware, you still need a Flashcard in order to use Ninjhax 1 on sysNAND, but using Reinand you can make an emuNAND partition and use the DS profile exploit in order to boot cia files. If you set that up for your girl, all she would need to do is boot into emuNAND in order to play her games via cia.

You can follow a guide made by usernametaken to set everything up for Reinand as it is very comprehensive. Afterwards, you can make the DS profile exploit permanent on sysNAND ONLY by changing the profile name, resetting Ninjhax (or OoThax) up, change the name back to the desired one, and setting the exploit up again. That would allow her to play DS games on sysNAND and her 3DS games via cia on emuNAND.

Tiibz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
install the bluecardfix.cia to sysnand and then use any DS Flashcart (you can get some for as low as 5€) to install the MSET exploit in NVRAM, this way if she plays DS games you will be able to reinstall

Reactions: Margen67

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, there it is. Clarification. So assuming once again you're on a low enough firmware, you still need a Flashcard in order to use Ninjhax 1 on sysNAND, but using Reinand you can make an emuNAND partition and use the DS profile exploit in order to boot cia files. If you set that up for your girl, all she would need to do is boot into emuNAND in order to play her games via cia.

You can follow a guide made by usernametaken to set everything up for Reinand as it is very comprehensive. Afterwards, you can make the DS profile exploit permanent on sysNAND ONLY by changing the profile name, resetting Ninjhax (or OoThax) up, change the name back to the desired one, and setting the exploit up again. That would allow her to play DS games on sysNAND and her 3DS games via cia on emuNAND.

She has a new 3ds at 9.0.0-20E.

I'm confused by the statement "you still need a Flashcard in order to use Ninjhax 1 on sysNAND".

If I set up emunand and get her able to install cia's with my gateway and OoT3D would I then have to install cubic ninja for her to get ninjhacks 1? What would that give her? Because from what I understand I can just set up the ds profile and change the profile name and I'm not sure what next.

She must be able to play ds games and be able to set up everything without the gateway after I've set it up for her.

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install the bluecardfix.cia to sysnand and then use any DS Flashcart (you can get some for as low as 5€) to install the MSET exploit in NVRAM, this way if she plays DS games you will be able to reinstall

He wants her to be able to play without GW or doing anything technical. I needed the same thing for my wife.

I couldn't find the permanent exploit thread here, but it exists somewhere. I remember some people saying it didn't work for them, but from experience, it works for me. She's able to play DS games on sysNAND without loss of the exploit, and 3DS games via cia on emuNAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

She has a new 3ds at 9.0.0-20E.

I'm confused by the statement "you still need a Flashcard in order to use Ninjhax 1 on sysNAND".

If I set up emunand and get her able to install cia's with my gateway and OoT3D would I then have to install cubic ninja for her to get ninjhacks 1? What would that give her? Because from what I understand I can just set up the ds profile and change the profile name and I'm not sure what next.

She must be able to play ds games and be able to set up everything without the gateway after I've set it up for her.

As long as you have kernel access through any means necessary, you're fine (whether that's CN or OoThax). Once you have emuNAND set up for her and the MSET exploit installed, as long as you do what I said to make it permanent on SYSNAND she'll have no problems.

Test the profile exploit out to make sure it sticks. Run a DS game and if you lose access, try it again. It took a couple times of changing the profile name and redoing the exploit to make it stick.

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
He wants her to be able to play without GW or doing anything technical. I needed the same thing for my wife.

I couldn't find the permanent exploit thread here, but it exists somewhere. I remember some people saying it didn't work for them, but from experience, it works for me. She's able to play DS games on sysNAND without loss of the exploit, and 3DS games via cia on emuNAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As long as you have kernel access through any means necessary, you're fine (whether that's CN or OoThax). Once you have emuNAND set up for her and the MSET exploit installed, as long as you do what I said to make it permanent on SYSNAND she'll have no problems.

If you have a guide for the profile change or just a few steps for it that would be amazing

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll say it again.

1) You have the MSET/profile exploit in place via your favorite CFW.

2) You change the profile name of your 3DS to anything. You lose access.

3) You set access up again. You like the new name? You're done. If you don't...

4) Change the name back. Reset DS profile exploit. Voila! In sysNAND she can play all her DS games. If she attempts it in emuNAND she will lose access. This only works as long as your sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked. If they aren't, you'll still lose access.

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I'll say it again.

1) You have the MSET/profile exploit in place via your favorite CFW.

2) You change the profile name of your 3DS to anything. You lose access.

3) You set access up again. You like the new name? You're done. If you don't...

4) Change the name back. Reset DS profile exploit. Voila! In sysNAND she can play all her DS games. If she attempts it in emuNAND she will lose access. This only works as long as your sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked. If they aren't, you'll still lose access.

So do you have to unlink it before the profile name change?

Sorry about asking all these questions. I want to make sure I do it right

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you have to unlink it before the profile name change?

Yes. Make sure you have the means to install cia on emuNAND before you do. I installed FBI and used FBI to install DEVmenu then unlinked my NANDs. I used pastaCFW to install FBI FYI.

If you have a Gateway, find Cubic Ninja and use that for Homebrew access. You can do that if I'm not mistaken. If you need to install a cia version of it, then do so. But in order to accomplish any of this, you need to have the CIA of at least DEVmenu installed on emuNAND before unlinking. Easiest way to do that is through Homebrew. If you don't, you're not going to be able to install cias later on emuNAND.

Last edited by kontrolaltdelete,

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Make sure you have the means to install cia on emuNAND before you do. I installed FBI and used FBI to install DEVmenu then unlinked my NANDs. I used pastaCFW to install FBI FYI.

If you have a Gateway, find Cubic Ninja and use that for Homebrew access. You can do that if I'm not mistaken. If you need to install a cia version of it, then do so. But in order to accomplish any of this, you need to have the CIA of at least DEVmenu installed on emuNAND before unlinking. Easiest way to do that is through Homebrew. If you don't, you're not going to be able to install cias later on emuNAND.

I'm trying to load dev menu up at the moment so I can install mset but it just loads to a black screen. Any ideas?

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to load dev menu up at the moment so I can install mset but it just loads to a black screen. Any ideas?

You need kernel access without the fixed firmware. Use pastaCFW. If you can install the CIA of CN and boot it using Gateway on sysNAND you can install everything you need. If you choose this route, message me. You can stop using Gateway completely if you set this up. We'll go from there. Otherwise, I can't help you anymore as I don't own GW and used CN not OoThax to install everything.

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I install a cia of CN if I can't use dev menu?

As I said, I have no idea exactly how Gateway works. You'll need to defer to someone else. I thought you could simply place your 3ds file onto a microsd and boot CN that way via GW. Once you have some tangible way to get DEVmenu working on emuNAND you can continue through, unlink the NANDs, use the permanent profile exploit.

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As I said, I have no idea exactly how Gateway works. You'll need to defer to someone else. I thought you could simply place your 3ds file onto a microsd and boot CN that way via GW. Once you have some tangible way to get DEVmenu working on emuNAND you can continue through, unlink the NANDs, use the permanent profile exploit.

Do you know if I could use bigbluemenu instead of devmenu?

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm using bigbluemenu now and the mset cia is failing and it says it's invalid. What now?

edit: I used biglue to install devmenu and then used devmenu to install mset.

I'm now using FBI to install the ROP and the tutorial says use "Reinand N3DS 4.x MSET" but only "Reinand N3DS 4.x " appears.

Last edited by Matthew Phillips,

code54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I'm using bigbluemenu now and the mset cia is failing and it says it's invalid. What now?

edit: I used biglue to install devmenu and then used devmenu to install mset.

I'm now using FBI to install the ROP and the tutorial says use "Reinand N3DS 4.x MSET" but only "Reinand N3DS 4.x " appears.

It appears as "Reinand N3DS 4.x" (just checked in FBI). Install that one.

Reactions: kontrolaltdelete

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu