Hacking Question Installing Devmenu question?

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does installing the NSP version of Devmenu cause Devmenu to appear on your profiles played games and playtime? Just wondering if it's safer to just run through Pokemon Quest than have it actually installed.

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It should appear. So I'd say yes. (also that's why I use guest account for any non-legitimated things)
Hmmm, that's a good idea but I guess restoring the NAND would be a better solution.

Regardless, using LayeredFS is not safer.

True but I'm guessing if its logged in your playtime that you've been playing a title that doesn't exist that likely raises a huuuge red flag if you even just so risk as going online, lol.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True but I'm guessing if its logged in your playtime that you've been playing a title that doesn't exist that likely raises a huuuge red flag if you even just so risk as going online, lol.
Using LayeredFS is just as detectable, and it's arguably the cause of most bans to date.

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using LayeredFS is just as detectable, and it's arguably the cause of most bans to date.

Yeah, I was just having thoughts of avoiding error messages and such in case I wanted to go online to swiftly update something, but if that's true probably no point in me trying.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was just having thoughts of avoiding error messages and such in case I wanted to go online to swiftly update something, but if that's true probably no point in me trying.
In theory, Tinfoil and/or ReiNX's NSP installer might be marginally safer with regard to not getting banned, as they're both run from the Homebrew Launcher. Running pirated content of any kind also carries a ban risk, however.

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In theory, Tinfoil and/or ReiNX's NSP installer might be marginally safer with regard to not getting banned, as they're both run from the Homebrew Launcher. Running pirated content of any kind also carries a ban risk, however.

Yeah, those don't install updates/DLC though do they? I'll probably never go online again anyways so I guess I'll just risk it all.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There's an altered version of Tinfoil that does, and ReiNX's NSP installer does.

Is this true? It installs both DLC and updates? I remember reading it did just updates, and was kind of hit and miss.

I’ve seen nothing about ReiNX being able to do this.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this true? It installs both DLC and updates? I remember reading it did just updates, and was kind of hit and miss.

I’ve seen nothing about ReiNX being able to do this.
The ReiNX NSP installer is mostly just a cracked version of the SX OS version.

D

Deleted-442439

No it does not show in your play history as it's not a legitimate game. I have been using custom nsp's for a few weeks now, never had anything show up.

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No it does not show in your play history as it's not a legitimate game. I have been using custom nsp's for a few weeks now, never had anything show up.

Ohh, I never saw it in mine I just wondered if I hadn't used it long enough for it to appear or not.

Legendre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Not appears in the play time... Because when you enter to the oficial devmenu (nsp) this enter directly without select account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.