Installing .cia DLC packs

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by .Darky, Jan 18, 2016.

1. .Darky
    OP

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 21, 2008
    Peru
    Lima
    I downloaded the DLC pack for FE:A from that certain iso site and tried to install it with FBI, after deleting the previously bought DLC from data management in the settings menu (from emuNAND).

After the installation I boot the game (which I bought digitally on release) and when I go to the outrealm gate only the DLC I bought shows up.

So, what gives?

2. Scarlet

Scarlet Scarlet Sword

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Did you get it for the correct region?

3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    I have the exact same problem but with smash bros have tried several cia's all for the euro version which I have and the dlc never shows up when I load the game

4. .Darky
    OP

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 21, 2008
    Peru
    Lima
    Yes, I did. I'll try deleting CTR-M-AFEE with BigBlueMenu, since apparently that's where bought or installed DLC for the game is, and install the cia again.

EDIT: Ok, that did the trick. You'll probably have to do the same for the Smash DLC, Marko. Good luck!

Last edited by .Darky, Jan 18, 2016
    Scarlet likes this.
  5. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    Other sites say installing the Smash DLC needs to be done with BigBlueMenu, it won't work with FBI.

6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Ok I will give it a try as it installs with no errors on Fbi but does not show in game so obviously something is going wrong I will try bigbluemenu and report back.

7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Thanks yep that fixed it

8. naivegirl2411

naivegirl2411 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2015
    I tried to install smash dlc and FE awakening dlc with FBI which failed, how do I remove what FBI installed before reinstalling with BigBlueMenu? I tried going through data management but im not sure if its update/spotpass/dlc related. Could I just enter eshop to delete unsigned cia for me or would that not be recommended?