Installing Atmosphere with a broken screen

StarveBread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Had an install from before I broke my screen and have been using that just in docked mode. The SD card died and now I can't install atmosphere cuz screen is dead.
Asking if anyone knows a way to install atmosphere without the screen or just on the pc.
Switch is a v1patched with the original sx core installed. Also the touch screen still works.

Bumping this.
Also some clarification, Aside from the screen the switch is completely fine, if that helps.
as for nand backup, I had one from 2 years ago but I forgot where I stored it.

Last edited by StarveBread,
  • Sad
Reactions: Mike_77712
Solution
Just drag and drop AMS files + latest sig patches etc, onto an sd card when on PC, then plug it into the switch and finally RCM + smash it (however you normally do) with the jig and payload.

Don’t need to see anything on the switch screen at any point when doing any of that.

Just need an sd card reader + another sd card.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just drag and drop AMS files + latest sig patches etc, onto an sd card when on PC, then plug it into the switch and finally RCM + smash it (however you normally do) with the jig and payload.

Don’t need to see anything on the switch screen at any point when doing any of that.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Solution

StarveBread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

I don't need the jig cuz I have a modchip, it boots to Hekate directly.
I've always used emunand for cfw, guess I'll have to do it in sysnand.

Do you know of a way to make a nand backup without the screen? Only way I know of is through Hekate.

Edit:
Was googling for one and I found about TegraExplorer but that also requires the screen but it's text based maybe somehow I can blindly navigate to the backup option but it's pretty risky.

Reactions: KiiWii

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Once you've got Atmosphere running, I believe you can use Studious Pancake (Tesla overlay) or the other one I forget the name of, with the right config set up, to boot Hekate straight to the UMS mode to mount your emmc over USB to your computer. Then you can back everything up from there. I can't give you all the config details off the top of my head but I'm confident it's possible fwiw.

StarveBread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Once you've got Atmosphere running, I believe you can use Studious Pancake (Tesla overlay) or the other one I forget the name of, with the right config set up, to boot Hekate straight to the UMS mode to mount your emmc over USB to your computer. Then you can back everything up from there. I can't give you all the config details off the top of my head but I'm confident it's possible fwiw.
Thanks, I'll look into this

StarveBread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I believe you can use Studious Pancake (Tesla overlay) or the other one I forget the name of, with the right config set up, to boot Hekate straight to the UMS mode to mount your emmc over USB to your computer.
Did it, but it defaults to SD card instead of emmc.

fo6SdkR.png

kGJfVfM.png

looking at the source code, maybe adding a new option that targets emmc might be possible but am not too good at programming.

Probably have to use hekate autoboot.
I have been using this since my screen broke.
Post automatically merged:

Once you've got Atmosphere running, I believe you can use Studious Pancake (Tesla overlay) or the other one I forget the name of,
Found the other one it's fastCFWswitch and it has an emmc boot option under UMS. I'm making my backup now with nxnandmanager.

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you solved it?? I've got a modded oled with broken screen, so I can't create emummc normale a backup of the nand or the keys, since hekate doesn't support docking mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, probably the scouter