Installed WiiWare/VC games removed?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DemonParasite, Mar 29, 2009.

1. DemonParasite
    OP

DemonParasite Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2009
    United States
    I powered on my Wii today, having not used it for a couple days, and found that all my installed WiiWare/VC games were removed. Unofficial channels such as Gecko OS are still on there, along with games I actually bought. My channels and save files for installed games were removed, sadly. I am on 3.2U Wii, and have not done anything to make it do this. A friend of mine, also on 3.2U, had the same thing happen to him. Can someone explain to me why this is happening, and how I can prevent it?

2. bolex17

bolex17 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 24, 2007
    I had the same problem, It also deleted my Virtual Console save files. [​IMG]

3. lavamasta

lavamasta GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    same thing happened to me when i installed a new .app file for my menu theme and then i looked at my games and they were gone except the ones i bought, but it's easy enough to get em back [​IMG]

4. YellowYoYos

YellowYoYos GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2008
    United States
    The same thing happened to me! I was playing star fox 64 VC for an hours or two and I paused the game and left the wii sit in for about 2 hours then turned it off and went to sleep. then the next day I wake up and turn on the Wii and ALL of my VC/WiiWare games and there save fies where gone! No joke I have no clue of how this would of happened, I Checked the firmware and it still says 3.2E so it didnt update itself, and wiicinnect24 has always been off. It's not that it's that big of a loss because I have back ups but still very weird, glad it's not only happened to me.

5. geegee

geegee GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2007
    United States
    Its linked to a bug in preloader. I guess it happens when you make changes in preloader, probably when you attempted to install or load a file and were given an error.

6. bolex17

bolex17 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 24, 2007
    I am curious as to what has caused this. Prior to losing the games I was playing around in the Preloader menu changing the standby option. Hrmm..

Edit:
    Beaten !

7. lavamasta

lavamasta GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    oh ya... lol i was changin things with preloader... i rememberXD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice