Installed WiiWare/VC games removed?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DemonParasite, Mar 29, 2009.

Mar 29, 2009
  1. DemonParasite
    OP

Newcomer DemonParasite Member

United States
    I powered on my Wii today, having not used it for a couple days, and found that all my installed WiiWare/VC games were removed. Unofficial channels such as Gecko OS are still on there, along with games I actually bought. My channels and save files for installed games were removed, sadly. I am on 3.2U Wii, and have not done anything to make it do this. A friend of mine, also on 3.2U, had the same thing happen to him. Can someone explain to me why this is happening, and how I can prevent it?

2. bolex17

Member bolex17 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I had the same problem, It also deleted my Virtual Console save files. [​IMG]

3. lavamasta

Member lavamasta GBAtemp Regular

United States
    same thing happened to me when i installed a new .app file for my menu theme and then i looked at my games and they were gone except the ones i bought, but it's easy enough to get em back [​IMG]

4. YellowYoYos

Member YellowYoYos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The same thing happened to me! I was playing star fox 64 VC for an hours or two and I paused the game and left the wii sit in for about 2 hours then turned it off and went to sleep. then the next day I wake up and turn on the Wii and ALL of my VC/WiiWare games and there save fies where gone! No joke I have no clue of how this would of happened, I Checked the firmware and it still says 3.2E so it didnt update itself, and wiicinnect24 has always been off. It's not that it's that big of a loss because I have back ups but still very weird, glad it's not only happened to me.

5. geegee

Member geegee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Its linked to a bug in preloader. I guess it happens when you make changes in preloader, probably when you attempted to install or load a file and were given an error.

6. bolex17

Member bolex17 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I am curious as to what has caused this. Prior to losing the games I was playing around in the Preloader menu changing the standby option. Hrmm..

Edit:
    Beaten !

7. lavamasta

Member lavamasta GBAtemp Regular

United States
    oh ya... lol i was changin things with preloader... i rememberXD