Hacking Install Gamma Bkup Loader w/out SD

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend is waiting on his SD card another friend told me its possible to install the bkup loader and a selection of other homebrew on the wii itself using the WAD manager without the SD card in. Is this possible?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can send a file to the hbc over wifi. This way you can send the custom ios installer and use that to do an online installation.
After that's done, you can send the backuploader itself over wifi. But that's not permanent. You'd have to send the loader again the next time you want to use it

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hes gotta be able to get the hbc onto the wii b4 all of that
tongue.gif
how do u do that without a sd card

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DKAngel said:
hes gotta be able to get the hbc onto the wii b4 all of that
tongue.gif
how do u do that without a sd card

yeah you're correct. So I guess it's impossible then if you don't have the hbc already

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
You can send a file to the hbc over wifi. This way you can send the custom ios installer and use that to do an online installation.
After that's done, you can send the backuploader itself over wifi. But that's not permanent. You'd have to send the loader again the next time you want to use it
He could install a backup channel wad.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no one cares what your friend said, that info is useless.
we need specs if you want help, related to how much you know and have done.
plus I am relatively sure that an sd-card still has to be in the slot for wad manager to even run.
regardless, if you don't already have a wad manager channel installed, and a usb drive,
you have to wait for an sd card.

huhster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same question, but mine kind of differs. Main reason is due to the fact my SD slot stopped functioning.
Now I have a wii without the SD functioning and without the HB channel.
I previously read someone making a self-boot wad manager cd for the 3.2v OS
However, my wii contains 3.3v1 OS. Any suggestions on installing the HB channel?

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
spas said:
My friend is waiting on his SD card another friend told me its possible to install the bkup loader and a selection of other homebrew on the wii itself using the WAD manager without the SD card in. Is this possible?

Go out and buy a fuckin SD Card
lecture.gif

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to be rude, but I agree with supagusti. You can buy pretty much any size for cheap. If you can find a 128mb one, it would even work. Otherwise, if you have HBC installed, I don't think there is a way to get a WAD to install, since there is no SD present. If you have a channel with WAD Manager 1.1, you could put the wads on a USB stick, but all of that is complicated compared to an SD card. SM 3.3 doesn't really make anything more complicated because TPHack works with any SM version.

In short, get an SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Ah shit, here we go again. I ain't represented Grove Street in five years, but the...