Initial setup for gateway on 4.5xxxx

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by illuvatar, Mar 10, 2016.

1. illuvatar
    OP

illuvatar Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Hi everyone, this is my first time posting in a long time as I've taken a long break from flashcards.

Anyway....I was lucky enough to be able to buy an original 3ds on firmware 1.0xxxxx (eBay, isn't it great). I've updated it to 4.5xxxxx using luigi's mansion 2 and have got my gateway card.

What I'm after is a step by step guide to get it all set up to run backups. The official guide currently states that you need a firmware 8.3xxxxx or something like that.... I'm just concerned in case I brick the 3ds by using that guide on a lower firmware.

If anyone can point me to the right one or if they can tell me that the current guide is okay to use then that's fantastic.

Thanks for the help, if you need any more info from me then ask away and I'll post what you need to know!

2. DrCrygor07

DrCrygor07 Italian Wario Ware bootleg©

Sep 4, 2014
    Italy
    Well, have you bought your gateway because you had a motivation or because you didn't know about free possibilities?

3. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Here you go, this should help you with everything you need. Just be sure to download the newest gateway 3ds update 3.7.1 instead of the one said in the video.

Last edited by cvskid, Mar 10, 2016
  4. illuvatar
    OP

illuvatar Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Thanks for the quick replies, I'll let you know how I get on....