Homebrew [indev] TreeHome - custom home menu template

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Before you say "there are threads about editing the home menu", le'mme tell you, by "custom", I meant that YOU program the home menu! Yes, it's now possible to make your own custom home menu from scratch! :D

Requirements:
  • patched ctrulib (Github repo coming in a few days)
  • the home menu project template (Github repo coming in a few days)
  • prior C or C++ programming knowledge
  • patience and strong nerves (this is only a template for getting stuff work! you'll need to make your home menu from scratch!)
Known (and fixable) bugs:
  • linear memory allocation fails on new3DS (default ctrulib memory allocation)
  • launching an application normally softlocks the system (not fully implemented initialization code)
  • pressing home button softlocks the system (leftover ctrulib code)
  • untested, but pressing home button in an application should softlock the system (missing APT event handling)

Notes:
  • this thread is intended only for developers, because it'll only contain a link to the repo with some instructions, please no "no pics, no clicks" comments! this is only a project template, so screenshots are irrelevant
  • there's no way the project would be abandoned at this point, because I'm thru' the hardest part (initializing APT:S under AppID 0x103), and it only needs some more bugfixes and patches, so please no hate because I posted a thread without any links (yes, exceptionally I'm now an attention whore :P I need more motivation, don't blame me please)

Extra credits:
  • Many people on 3DSHacks Discord for help and motivation
  • #3dsdev IRC for helping with some ctrulib issues
Take your Time! We wait! ;)

Reactions: DeoNaught

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still working on it, tho' currently it softlocks somewhere before I could even init anything :/ I blame threads :<
ok. I really want to see progress on this, a couple of people were asking for this in the "homebrew ideas/suggestions" thread, but glad to see its making progress!

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
hell yeah
You're not supposed to do that.
Also, I've taken a look at your sig. You can't specify the size of an image. Remove that "255,255" part, and also also, use a smaller image, because 255x255 is way too large for a sig. IIRC the maximum height for your entire signature can only be 150 pixels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PotatoStatic @ PotatoStatic: Jesus. Someone really wants to give me speedy loans.