Gaming Impossible DLC

bcoleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running the latest version of Reinx on firmware 7.1 using Goldleaf 0.5.

The Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker DLC came out a month ago and there's still absolutely nothing I can do to get it to work. I'm all out of ideas. I started out on an older version of Reinx running 6.2 firmware and installing via SD card in tinfoil (ignoring firmware version). Didn't work. I updated just to get this DLC to work but I get the same exact error each time. Whenever I go to click Special Episode at the bottom of the main menu, I get:

"Error Code: 2162-0101

An update to the downloadable content is required.

Please restart the software and perform a software update.

*If you restart the software, any unsaved data will be lost."

As far as I'm aware, 1.2 is the latest update which is the one I have. I've tried too many different methods. I've tried installing it with Lithium, Tinfoil and Goldleaf. Makes no difference. SD card and USB method. No difference. I've tried ignoring the firmware. Again no difference. I've downloaded the base game, the 1.2 update, and both DLC from various sources. Nope.. I've deleted, files, tickets and even my entire SD card. No. It just won't work. What's the deal here?? I downloaded the base game NSP, the 1.2 update, and both DLC.

Has anyone actually PLAYED the Toad DLC? All the way through? I don't think it's possible at the moment. If so, how in the world did you get this error code to not appear? From what I've read, most people get it and if not they can only play the first demo part while the rest stay locked. If anyone can think of an idea I haven't tried yet or just understands what it wants to work, throw me a bone.

bcoleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double check your update version, just to be sure. It’s v131072 and it’s about 254MB in size.

My base game is called "Captain Toad Treasure Tracker [01009BF0072D4000][v0].nsp" and is 1.59gb in size.

My update is called "Captain Toad Treasure Tracker [01009BF0072D4800][v131072].nsp" and is 137.7mb in size.

I have two dlc's:

"Captain Toad Treasure Tracker [Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Special Episode Shifty Shrine] [01009BF0072D5001][v0].nsp" which is 32.2mb in size.

and

"Captain Toad Treasure Tracker [Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Special Episode] [01009BF0072D5002][v0].nsp" which is 122kb in size.

Also working for me on SXOS, I used the HBG shop tool to download the DLC and it worked 1st time without any problems.

I don't use SXOS so I hope that's not the problem. I also don't use the HBG shop but I did get my files from the hbg request bot at one point.

The problem is that you have the DLC:

01009BF0072D5001 v0

You need:

01009BF0072D5001 v65536

PS:
You also need the Update:
01009BF0072D4800 v131072

It looks like I have the correct update. But I think you're right about the DLC. As I mentioned in my reply above, both my DLC files say [v0] at the end. I just checked the request bot and it looks like they finally updated the file. Just installed it and finallyyyyy it works. I appreciate all the help guys. :rofl2::grog::bow::bow::bow:

Last edited by bcoleman,
Reactions: eyeliner

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My base game is called "Captain Toad Treasure Tracker [01009BF0072D4000][v0].nsp" and is 1.59gb in size.

My update is called "Captain Toad Treasure Tracker [01009BF0072D4800][v131072].nsp" and is 137.7mb in size.

I have two dlc's:

"Captain Toad Treasure Tracker [Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Special Episode Shifty Shrine] [01009BF0072D5001][v0].nsp" which is 32.2mb in size.

and

"Captain Toad Treasure Tracker [Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Special Episode] [01009BF0072D5002][v0].nsp" which is 122kb in size.

I don't use SXOS so I hope that's not the problem. I also don't use the HBG shop but I did get my files from the hbg request bot at one point.

It looks like I have the correct update. But I think you're right about the DLC. As I mentioned in my reply above, both my DLC files say [v0] at the end. I just checked the request bot and it looks like they finally updated the file. Just installed it and finallyyyyy it works. I appreciate all the help guys. :rofl2::grog::bow::bow::bow:
Change the title of the thread to something more relevant, please.
Or ask a mod to do it. Might be something other people struggle with and might find the answer here.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i Know, necro, but not worth starting a whole new thread over this....

I put capt toad back onto my switch (been off for aaages) in order to 100% the extra dlc levels.
base game nsp, then update 1.3.0 nsp all works fine

but then.............cannot get dlc nsp's to work, just get software closed due to an error message once installed and have to start from scratch?
I'm using DBI for install over MTP (never had a problem)
sigpatches are latest on 1.5.4 atmos running 16.0.3 on emunand
acquired and tried both single and double DLC NSP's as posts above with same result

is it something on my switch causing the error?
any help appreciated
:)

Last edited by fatherjack,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol