Homebrew im willing to test stuff for free!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,046
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
i got the red n3dsxl i bought working again!
emunand is the only thing that im able to boot because of some issues :/

but im willing to test stuff for anyone who has stuff to test as long as theres no mcu brick risk!

i only have a emunand on this system and not a sysnand so if theres something that needs a sysnand to test i cant test it :/

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice that you're offering but.... It simply isn't needed. Testers are in abundance as of late, especially with ntrboot simplifying the cfw installation process. Also, mcu bricks are impossible as of firmware 8.2, since it was caused by a bug in the OS. Lastly, on n entirely separate note, why are you using an emunand? It's a wasted 2gb of space on your sd card, and things are arguably better and simpler without it.

D

Deleted User

OP
It's nice that you're offering but.... It simply isn't needed. Testers are in abundance as of late, especially with ntrboot simplifying the cfw installation process. Also, mcu bricks are impossible as of firmware 8.2, since it was caused by a bug in the OS. Lastly, on n entirely separate note, why are you using an emunand? It's a wasted 2gb of space on your sd card, and things are arguably better and simpler without it.
im using an emunand on this one because the sysnand is corrupt
on my other systems I just like having an emunand
also im open for testing because while im not doing school work I just sit on discord all day with nothing to do for 4-7 hours

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using an emunand on this one because the sysnand is corrupt
on my other systems I just like having an emunand
also im open for testing because while im not doing school work I just sit on discord all day with nothing to do for 4-7 hours
I'm telling you, there isn't really a need for it. If the sysnand is corrupt, restore the emunand backup over it. There isn't anything you would need to test that would do anything to harm the sysnand, and if you were to really do something stupid a sysnand backup would fix it. Also, good luck on the testing thing, but I'm just informing you many people do not need the help anymore, especially with the diminishing number of devs.

Reactions: KoalaBoy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As a tester, I always love seeing inspiring testers. The scene always needs knowledge members willing to help behind the scenes and volunteer their time to ensure the community get a well tested project.
That being said, I found going directly to the dev(s)/groups has been the best approach. Most simply aren’t going through the threads looking for testers, so you have to show them that you are interested in helping. From there word tends to spread pretty fast if you are good at what you do.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm telling you, there isn't really a need for it. If the sysnand is corrupt, restore the emunand backup over it. There isn't anything you would need to test that would do anything to harm the sysnand, and if you were to really do something stupid a sysnand backup would fix it. Also, good luck on the testing thing, but I'm just informing you many people do not need the help anymore, especially with the diminishing number of devs.
idk what the guy I bought the system did but he somehow fucked the nand chip where some partitions are actually missing

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk what the guy I bought the system did but he somehow fucked the nand chip where some partitions are actually missing
Unless they actually physically took a hammer to the chip, I'm pretty sure restoring your emunand over it would fix it. If it doesn't work after that, gl with the testing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong