Homebrew iHalo DS

darnoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TBH this game looks awful. I played the Iphone halo and it was just awful. The graphics are so bad you can hardly tell where your going, controls are awful, extremly slow. But its better then anything I could do ill give him that

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the people saying that it was obviously going to be leaked and he's being childish.
To the people who greatly support it and are avid members on the ihalo forum, keep the bias out of the discussion. People on gbatemp have our own way of reacting and most of us think alike. Had this been a game from scratch i'm sure alot of people would have greatly supported it, but seeing as it was just a quake "mod/skin" most people already knew it wouldn't be that good.

^my 2 cents on everything.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the beta I played sucked
frown.gif

It kind of made me wonder if they faked cancelling it so people wouldn't be disappointed?

BusDriver said:
By the way... seriously, dont shun him. Its my fault for over reacting about the whole thing, and besides... I leak all of my super-secret projects and other peoples projects to my friends... mainly cause most of them are still at the 'Is homebrew a type of cooking?' level. They wouldnt know a leak from a roll of duct-tape, or an error from an asian (sorry to any asians out there... keep making our iphones!!!) All SandSo9 did was give it to his friend over the chat community Xat. No harm done.

By the way, I need to make a special release for him. I hope you guys all have expansion packs, because Im going to try and make a campaign version for the DS... but dont go out and by them just yet. I need to test first.
So no big deal.. right?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cooldued59 said:
Now here is the news that makes me mad. Someone leaked the FULL Christmas Release of the iHalo DS! So this means that the generous BUS DRIVER is taking a loooooong break from developing for"
1) To be able to continue the project.
2) Because he is furious at this person who did it.

Ok Mr. Waninkoko.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It doesn't work on my DS TT, I get a menu screen and when I select single player I get two black screens. I know about DLDI patching yet when I run it from DSOrganize I get a black screen with white writing, same as the one you get when you run QuakeDS, in fact it even says 'Quake DS'!

BusDriver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.sendspace.com/file/p0ot6f
The above is a link to a newer (VERY WIP) Vehicle Beta.
It is VERY buggy due to the fact that it utilizes an engine much different from the QuakeDS Engine.
There are no enemies in this beta, and the real reason I'm taking my break is because my laptop fried...
At the time of my 'break' I was working on reloading, more weapons, and vehicles. I cannot upload more than what is on my DS for now... so, uh, be patient.
As for the christmas release... no one seems to be leaking it. And honestly, I WANT them to now.
So, if you have an iHalo DS Beta (using the modded simon j. hall engine) you can use the following addon to play the christmas release)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qq3ta1
viola. enjoy.

EDIT
controls on the vehicle beta are screwed up... ill post how to manually fix them later

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
When I first saw the map editor screenshots, I was like HOLY CRAP THIS USES SOURCE?

And then I remembered that Valve Hammer Editor was based off Worldcraft which supports engines such as Quake.

Anyway, this thing seems interesting, I might try it.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is this? Some unholy combination of Apple, Microsoft, and Nintendo? I'll pass.

I have nothing against a quality homebrew effort, but at the very least don't try to make something illegal by using IP you don't own.

Also, why iHalo? What does Apple have to do with this?

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrKupo said:
What is this? Some unholy combination of Apple, Microsoft, and Nintendo? I'll pass.

I have nothing against a quality homebrew effort, but at the very least don't try to make something illegal by using IP you don't own.

Also, why iHalo? What does Apple have to do with this?

Did you even look at the website? Because on the front page it says it's being made for the iphone. A ds version is also being made so they kept the iHalo.

BusDriver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt that the links I provided have been posted before...
The first is a private vehicle beta ( featuring rocket warthogs and early concept weapons) while the second link is an addon to play the FULL ihalo ds release... Here is a guide on how to fix the vehicle betas controls...
Replace ds buttons with the following ( using the config file in the vehicles folder and notepad)
Anything that says "pad a" or "pad y", etc. Replace with "dsa" and"dsy",etc.
Stuff like up arrow and down arrow,replace with "dsup" and "dsdown"
For the "r trigger" and "l trigger" I believe you replace it with "dsr" and "DSL"
As for touchscreen support...
Something else I was wprking on was doubletapping to zoom, and we will eventuaally have a bottom screen HUD.
And yes, the "I" is because we started on the iPod touch and iPhone. Sorry for any cofusion.
-BusDriver

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok wtf when i enter ihalo.nds it has quake ds on it but the problem is that it says it cannot open/id1/pak0.pak even tho i have it in the folder and it also says cant find file: gfx/pop.lmp and it also cant find gfx.wad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Every so often there's some really old guy walking for a year or two across the country naked...