Homebrew IGS PolyGame Master core retroarch

xunga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have not seen anyone mention this. It seems that a Chinese user has adapted the virtual memory system developed by @Wiimpathy to load neogeo games to load games from the Polygame arcade board. The core is for retroarch version 1.3.6.

This information was found in "mundowiihack" in the article "[Wii Exclusive] Final Burn Alpha PGM (r0.1)" (sorry, as a new user I cannot publish links).

Of the games I have tried, I have found the following as playable:

DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label (ddpdoj.zip, ddpdojblk.zip)
Espgaluda (espgal.zip)
Ketsui (ket.zip)
Knights of Value 1 Plus (kovplus.zip)
Oriental Legend Special (olds.zip, olds103t.zip)

In shooter games some slowdowns are noticed, especially in sound, but they are perfectly playable.

In each folder the bios pgm.zip should be placed, as with the neogeo arcade emulator, and, since it does not use the cache system, only virtual memory, games such as Demon Front, Martial Masters or the sequels of Knights of Valor and Oriental Legend cannot load on the console due to lack of ram memory.

With this the wii arcade emulation is extended a bit for those who are interested. If the cache system were implemented it would be incredible.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, I've posted a 1st test a while ago : https://gbatemp.net/threads/large-neogeo-games-support-and-cps3-tests.493767/page-2#post-7801828
You'll find update PGM & PSIKYO cores here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/page-92#post-8805756

Martial Masters, KOV2 and others not loading isn't only a ram issue, they are also very slow due to the weak cpu.

@DDinghoya I have no problem with you distributing modified dols but please provide the source code!
Here's my last one : https://github.com/Wiimpathy/fbalpha2012/tree/Wii_PgmPsikyo

xunga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@Wiimpathy thank you very much for clarifying it. I just sent a comment to mundowiihack to recognize their authorship.

It is outrageous that someone takes credit for the good work of other people.

As for you, I appreciate your time and effort, as well as the fact of sharing it with everyone. Thank you for the good times you have allowed me to spend in front of my console.

Reactions: rogerioronin

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not so much about credit. What really annoys me is when someone releases a homebrew based on open source but without the source! Well, if it has no modification, ok but at least put the link to the original source code.

It doesn't matter if the code is good or not but at least there's a chance it can be improved!

I'm glad you had fun with these homebrews.:)

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
@DDinghoya I have no problem with you distributing modified dols but please provide the source code!
Here's my last one : https://github.com/Wiimpathy/fbalpha2012/tree/Wii_PgmPsikyo[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry for this issue. Because of this problem or case, I always mention the source.

I first knew about this source on a Chinese site, I thought it was a master source (91wii's masky2012).

But, I found out that the source is wrong today. As your mentioned, I immediately added a source called Master Source on my blog.

I'm really sorry.

Last edited by DDinghoya,

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discovered this was a thing and dove in.

Necromancing this thread just to report my findings which are *mostly* the same as OP's from a couple years back. However going to add detail to working roms and add some additional info about what these games are since this NeoGeo style arcade board never really made it outside of Taiwan to my knowledge. This is the first I've heard of it, but what makes it interesting is that it has some flavorful brawlers and shooters from that region. If you've played imports, some of the characters here are definitely up your alley.

DoDonPachi DaiOuJou (ddpoj.zip) - vertical shooter, narrow game field

DoDonPachi DaiOuJou Black Label (ddpojblk.zip) - same vertical shooter but with a wider game field

Espgaluda (espgal.zip) - vertical shooter with a fairy theme

Ketsui - Kizuna Jigoku Tachi (ket.zip) - vertical shooter

Knights of Valour (kov.zip) - Dynasty Warriors inspired brawler

Knights of Valour Plus (kovplus.zip) - DW brawler PLUS! Not sure exactly the details added here.

Oriental Legend (orlegend.zip) - brawler, first release. This game and it's updates are kind of the reason to use this core, imo. Very Asian mythic lore inspired and I'm reminded of other arcade games like Son Son & China Gate. It's a brawler with a Capcom D&D ToD style item system too.

Oriental Legend Special (olds103t.zip) - second release and adds more gameplay elements. I'm assuming based on naming and file size that 103t is the newest version.

Oriental Legend Special Plus (oldsplus.zip) - third release and adds more playable characters(bosses)

Puzzli 2 (puzzli2.zip) - Puyo Puyo style puzzle game with a fishing theme, also the game board is kind of intentionally upside down to go with the fishing theme.

Puzzli 2 Super (puzzli2s.zip) - updated version.

There are performance issues on Wii, but they seem to happen when the sound effects get kind of intense, particularly during the game intros. Gameplay seems mostly fine. Definitely more than playable. None of the other PGM games I tried worked. They either crashed the Wii, gave arcade board error messages, or RA acted like there was no rom inside. Would be interest in hearing others findings to see if there are more games supported, or opinions and experience about this core too.

Last edited by Qaztab,
Reactions: cheloruiz79

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Discovered this was a thing and dove in.

Necromancing this thread just to report my findings which are *mostly* the same as OP's from a couple years back. However going to add detail to working roms and add some additional info about what these games are since this NeoGeo style arcade board never really made it outside of Taiwan to my knowledge. This is the first I've heard of it, but what makes it interesting is that it has some flavorful brawlers and shooters from that region. If you've played imports, some of the characters here are definitely up your alley.

DoDonPachi DaiOuJou (ddpoj.zip) - vertical shooter, narrow game field

DoDonPachi DaiOuJou Black Label (ddpojblk.zip) - same vertical shooter but with a wider game field

Espgaluda (espgal.zip) - vertical shooter with a fairy theme

Ketsui - Kizuna Jigoku Tachi (ket.zip) - vertical shooter

Knights of Valour (kov.zip) - Dynasty Warriors inspired brawler

Knights of Valour Plus (kovplus.zip) - DW brawler PLUS! Not sure exactly the details added here.

Oriental Legend (orlegend.zip) - brawler, first release. This game and it's updates are kind of the reason to use this core, imo. Very Asian mythic lore inspired and I'm reminded of other arcade games like Son Son & China Gate. It's a brawler with a Capcom D&D ToD style item system too.

Oriental Legend Special (olds103t.zip) - second release and adds more gameplay elements. I'm assuming based on naming and file size that 103t is the newest version.

Oriental Legend Special Plus (oldsplus.zip) - third release and adds more playable characters(bosses)

Puzzli 2 (puzzli2.zip) - Puyo Puyo style puzzle game with a fishing theme, also the game board is kind of intentionally upside down to go with the fishing theme.

There are performance issues on Wii, but they seem to happen when the sound effects get kind of intense, particularly during the game intros. Gameplay seems mostly fine. Definitely more than playable. None of the other PGM games I tried worked. They either crashed the Wii, gave arcade board error messages, or RA acted like there was no rom inside. Would be interest in hearing others findings to see if there are more games supported, or opinions and experience about this core too.
Neither of the 2 versions of DoDonPachi have worked for me with the latest core, which version do you use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte