Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
EvanUnisil said:
QUOTE said:
This is a hint that Order of Ecclesia will be the final game for the trilogy/for the DS (I think it's a trilogy)

Read the quote, it says last Castlevania game for DS. Not last in the trilogy.

Uhhh.. dude, if there were two games before this, and this is the third, and there isnt more planned, this would be the last in the trilogy. in other words, if there arent any more sequals, this is a trilogy. Plus, what do IGN know? Remember EBA? Livin' La Vida Loca?!?! What happened to that!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
EvanUnisil said:
And it just doesn't make sense to me why they would stop making Castlevania games when they are still selling so well, unless of course

a) They just decided to
b) As someone else mentioned, moving development to another console (PSP or Wii, etc.)
c) New DS System.
I'm more inclined towards b). Maybe they'll turn their focus to the Wii, and only make spinoffs or suchlike on the DS. So we can expect the next Castlevania title to be released for Wii, and a Castlevania Pinball or Castlevania Dash or Castlevania Mystery Dungeon on the DS. Or Castlevania Tactics. Or something along these lines.
yaynds.gif

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
8BitWalugi said:
Uhhh.. dude, if there were two games before this, and this is the third, and there isnt more planned, this would be the last in the trilogy. in other words, if there arent any more sequals, this is a trilogy. Plus, what do IGN know? Remember EBA? Livin' La Vida Loca?!?! What happened to that!

Yes, thank you for stating the obvious. The point was not the fact that this was the last game in a trilogy. The writer went out of his way to mention it might also be the last Castlevania game for DS. Why would he do that?

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Knowing IGN, he was probably just pulling the statement out of nowhere but Assumptionville (pop. 2442). Think about it, when has there been more than three original Castlevania games on one console (Not counting re-releases; compilations like the Castlevania Double Pack and straight-up emulated ports like the Classic NES series)? Even hugely successful consoles like the NES, GBA, and GB only had three Castlevania games each. In a way, three games has become a sort of unspoken ceiling for Castlevania. And then there's also the question of how exactly the IGN writer could reasonably know about a new DS in the works. I would think that a new DS would be something that Nintendo would want to keep a tight secret until the conference itself; there would be no reason to reveal it early, as everyone would be reporting on it anyways.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
R2DJ said:
This ain't a hint for a new DS at all.

This is a hint that Order of Ecclesia will be the final game for the trilogy/for the DS (I think it's a trilogy)[*]Dawn of Sorrow[*]Portrait of Ruin[*]Order of Ecclesia

Yeah that sounds probable.
As for a new DS, well Nintendo need to do it quicker, before I buy a DS lite RED.
Theres a point... Why would nintendo release a new console less than a year after releasing new colour DS's
or are they gonna do another brawl. We wait months while Japan tease us with their technological wonderful supreme epic thingymajigs.

i hope they don't.

IF THEY DO, THEY'D BETTER MAKE BETTER HINGES...

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
and lets not forget more durable L and R buttons
Seems unlikely tht they will release a new DS this year even at E3 but E3 will speak about the comin of a new version for the DS or maybe DS 2 or something similar along the line. I still have not seen ppl talk about the DS here or nearby (in africa by the way) and it seems it's mostly concentrated in HK,US,UK,CAN and AUS where they actually sell carts also so hopefully they should release a version that will attract customers and not only improve features like PSP is really famous here then it actually has to be but something more piratable or better IMHO is not even known by us.
Conclusion : New DS may be talked about at E3 but will not get released this year and it should be more attractive than it is like addition mp3 player,movie player etc and more advertising esp here

P.S - U would wonder why i keep asking about it being known here... the point is tht i don't have anyone to play Wifi with lol

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I wrote the wrong thing as I read it wrong when I made that post saying trust me on C.

Nintendo has a new dual screen system, and not a DS either coming. I know this much due to my sources, the question is if E3 will be when they kick it off. With the DS getting leveled out in sales in Japan that's enough to push Nintendo as they'd fear the EU then US after would fall eventually and they don't want to give Sony an inch.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
I think I wrote the wrong thing as I read it wrong when I made that post saying trust me on C.

Nintendo has a new dual screen system, and not a DS either coming. I know this much due to my sources, the question is if E3 will be when they kick it off. With the DS getting leveled out in sales in Japan that's enough to push Nintendo as they'd fear the EU then US after would fall eventually and they don't want to give Sony an inch.
but if this was true why would they screw us like that?
but then again i have heard all the rumors that "when ds sales go down the will release a new ds without the gba slot", also it could be just them saying in their press confrence "oh we also have a new system in development". kinda like the "revolution" or wii, we will hear about it but not get it for quite some time.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my info comes from a producer for one of their third parties and it is likely but not a 100% sure bet of E3 being used for what I said. We all know that Nintendo has like media pms, so they could get all mood swingy and crampy and decide for another day.

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"E3 2008: DS Accelerometer / New DS Forthcoming?"

"In semi-related news, IGN has separately heard from trusted insiders that Nintendo could be planning to debut a slimmed down version of its handheld complemented by a dramatically reduced (sub-$100) price tag. Whether or not this made-over DS will include built-in accelerometer functionality is not known. There is a chance that the Big N will show off the updated DS at E3 2008 this week. "

http://ds.ign.com/articles/889/889216p1.html

Well I wasn't completely right but a new DS is coming.

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:

So how about that new DS?

laugh.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look my contact works at THQ and I trust what he said. I also said that they would be likely, not surely showing it anyways as they do tend to hold stuff for more important shows (now that E3 is so-so.)

As far as that new subpar under $100 DS I'd be surprised largely if that was it and stories got crossed. The only reason I'm throwing that out there was the fact the thing I heard of also was slimmed in that it lacks the GBA port.

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly thought they were going to announce one... I can't express how disappointed I was with the actual show I did see though. I'm sure everyone has heard enough of it already though. Damn.

But I still think they got one coming. Why else would these sources be telling IGN that? They don't just trust some Joe Bloe.

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EvanUnisil said:
But I still think they got one coming. Why else would these sources be telling IGN that? They don't just trust some Joe Bloe.

IGN also said a new PSP was coming. They were wrong on both counts.

IGN has a rep for posting bullshit. But hey, as long as it increases traffic...
dry.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For all you non-believers out there, what's there not to believe?
The only thing that was stated is that Nintendo is going to release a new, thinner DS with no GBA slot. No time specification was given at all, so what's there not to believe?
Of course Nintendo will release a new handheld sometime in the future, who is going to argue against that?
Face it, the GBA is dead. The same game has been haunting the front page here for many months, there are no future releases, retail stores have stopped stocking GBA games. Many people cried about the DS not having GB/C compatibility. Did they still buy the DS? Yes. Will they buy this new DS? Probably. Simply put, the new DS will have enhancements and features that will outweigh the loss of GBA compatibility.

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I watched the Live Stream of the show and I was so sure that Reggie, at the end, talking about coming up with new ideas as your old ideas become normal and bland, was going to show off a new DS.

*sigh*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk