Hacking Identify the DVD chip using the Wii's serial...

beso323

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3dpiper i have a LU3067

cant get the last two triwings until the screwdriver comes in.

did you check which chip yours had? (mine will be posted in 1-2 days when it arrives)

manishd3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got my wii today
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately my serial number is LEH 1103xxxx... Not on the list, but looking at the trends, I don't think it will be compatible with the Wiinja
frown.gif

Oh well... Just got to wait for updated/next gen modchips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received the Nintendo driver I bought from eBay($5.50) yesterday.
My Wii Bought on Dec 23rd, 2006. (serial# LU 505XXXXXX) has a DMS chipset.

cobraxt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I don't think it matters anymore with the newer chips all supporting D2B...

Purchase date: February 6th, 2007
Serial: LU5081xxxxxx
Chipset: GC2-D2B

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I have an LU306 as well, bought mine on Sunday from Target. I'd wait to but one that's compatible with the second chip, just in case, as we don't know if this list for sure identifies if a Wii has a certain chip.

Yeah, I pre-ordered the Wiikey from modchipstore.com..

Hopefully that will cover all my bases, as I haven't opened the case yet (no tri-wing)..

-Matthew

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally cracked my case in anticipation of my Wiikey being delivered in a couple days.

My chipset is GC2-DMS

-Matthew

ivc

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Today, I've launched a new Wii Drive Database website, the address is http://www.wiidrives.com/

The site will hopefully make it easier to identify the DVD drive chip (current and latest) models without having to open the console, by simply looking up the serial number.

Currently, there are only entries from PAL/european consoles in the database but I hope that as many as possible will contribute and add their details. Over time it will become more accurate and the value of the site will increase.

I know, there's already a site available by Nintendo-Scene that works like this and it does a good job. The issues I have with it though is that I think it's not up to date (D2C2/D2E is not supported) and it's not providing the details and flexibility I want out of a tracker.

Anyway, please visit the site, add your details, and let me know what you think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la