Shiroyasha
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Hey guys i've recently discovered that is have this serious problem. I love playing RPGS but for the past 2-3 years i've started many popular rpg's but when i reach mid-way or to-end of the game i suddenly lose interest and starts another rpg. I've done this to many good rpgs and think it's becoming sorta a problem now. At the moment i stopped playing EOIII and started Final fantasy: the four warriors of light. I've realized that it's become a problem now as i want to finish EOIII but i don't have the anxiety or will to put on/continue playing the game. Any suggestions as to what i should do? or what is wrong with me?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing is wrong with you, you're just that kind of person. You probably have too many games to play, am I right?

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Piracy leads to a lack of drive to complete games, cause you have so much to choose from. When you buy games, you're usually more compelled to beat them, as opposed to getting 30 games for free at one point in time.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was like that. I think it's the game's fault. For me, I did this with Lost Odyssey on the 360. I love games that last a long time, but the game had no side-quests. It was just boring.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, good old pirate syndrome. I hate it. There's only a few games I end up finishing because of it. Limit your library of games, it will help a lot.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
ahhh i see. thanks for the feedback but i've also done this to many games i have for my ps3. Games just bore me when at mid point or end game because there's nothing cool to look forward to at that point in the game. I think Golden Sun DS is gonna fix me rite up
biggrin.gif

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Same problem here. Until I thought the same thing someone else posted above: "Limit your game library".

So up to now, I´m in chapter 7 of MOTHER 3 (which i´m going to finish NO MATTER WHAT)

Just started Earthbound SNES, AND Tales of Symphonia.

Right now i´m between a fast-paced game, like Taiko No tatsujin - Smash Bros Brawl, AND a lower-paced game, like Tales /Mother.

=)

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Definitely a pirate thing, a friend of mine has a problem finishing anything on his DS since he uses a flash card.

Personally, I don't have a problem with finishing games. The trick for me is one game at a time per system. For example, I'm playing EOIII on my DS and NOTHING ELSE, Vanquish (just finished Castlevania) on the 360 and NOTHING ELSE, and Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii... and nothing else xD.

That way, I won't start a new game on a particular system and forget about the one I was playing before but I still have the option of playing a different game. I needed a break from EOIII after I trucked through the 3rd stratum so I picked up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. A few days later I was back in the mood for EOIII.

Hope my suggestion helps a bit. Just remember: one game per system. I can't remember the last time I 'haven't' finished a game that I enjoyed. Keep in mind that I don't purchase any current gen games.

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll bet that it isn't just pirate syndrome, I have a super massive collection (+ 750 GB easy) of games and, aside from my fps A.D.D, I have no problem completing my games.

You probably have to just take a short break and play some other kind of game, very literally not an RPG, since I think you might be getting game fatigue.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
Piracy leads to a lack of drive to complete games, cause you have so much to choose from. When you buy games, you're usually more compelled to beat them, as opposed to getting 30 games for free at one point in time.

That's not necessarily true.

I don't pirate the games on the 360, but most, if not all 360 RPG's are just.....ugh. I play them for a little bit and it's like...who the fuck cares.

You don't have to pirate games to be uninterested in them. RPG's today lack any of the real substance that say...PS2 RPG's had.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I take exception to your 360 RPGs remark- I have had the most fun playing 360 RPGs that I have had with the genre in years. Indeed I would probably make the exact same remark you made about the 360 to PS2 era RPGs.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had some fun with 360 RPGs. I didn't like Mass Effect or FFXIII, but I love Oblivion, Fallout, and NieR.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. Its very hard for me. I actually did finish up all the Professor Layton games though, and Phoenix Wright games. As for RPGs I did finish Kingdom Hearts plus did all the extra missions and stuff. I went midpoint in the Zelda Spirit Tracks, and Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story. I got bored with Zelda and I didn't know what to do next in Mario.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
If you don't have to pay for your games (piracy or parents) then you don't appreciate them (or anything).
I appreciate things more if I don't pay for them.

Because I have found no game that is worth a value higher than $0.

...Actually, I have never seen anything worth more than $0. Stingy bastards, making us pay more than what an item is worth....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16