I need your opinion

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by The Composer, Jul 17, 2010.

Jul 17, 2010

I need your opinion by The Composer at 3:19 PM (972 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. The Composer
    OP

Member The Composer GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    My Wii has like 3 years now. It has a lot of flaws, like the sensor bar that was bittten by my cat. I want to sell it and then buy a new Wii (black model).

If I sell my old Wii, I can ask my parents to buy me an external disk drive to play backups via USB.

Should I sell my old Wii and lose DVD disc reading to get a new Wii and move onto USB ISO reading?

2. EseHomes

Banned EseHomes Banned

United States
    why not buy a new wii, and swap the disc drive...and maybe even the motherboard too. You really don't want to lose the capability of bootmii in boot2.

3. The Composer
    OP

Chile
    Because the disc drive is very dull. It doesn't read some of my original games even.

4. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    but dude what do you mean by "a lot of flaws"? because if the wii is working nice and the only things that are bad are minor things like the sensor bar I don't see the point of buying a new wii in first place.

Edit: I miss your second post.

If your previous wii does not read very well discs then you wouldn't be losing anything at all in your new wii LOL

5. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Honestly, if "only" the drive and the sensorbar aren't working anymore, I would buy a new sensorbar, and go straight to USB-Loading, without buying a new Wii. Should save you money, imo.

6. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    buy and HDD...!! [​IMG]

7. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    It's a good advice but I bet that the OP really wants to buy a new wii and no matter what we say in the end he will discard the old one for the new.

8. The Composer
    OP

Chile
    If I don't sell the Wii, I won't get the external disk drive.

That's the problem.

I think that I will keep the old Wii for the gamecube disc reading. Other opinions anyone?

9. EseHomes

Banned EseHomes Banned

United States
    well, you could always buy a new wii and swap the logic card of the disc drive so then you have one with a fresh laser but is still able to read backup discs. But you really dont want to lose bootmii as boot2. It is a life saver.

10. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    you really don't need bootmii......unlesssssss.......you are messing around installing SysMenu.wad's and whatnot...!! [​IMG]

11. EseHomes

Banned EseHomes Banned

United States
    Just like I really don't need to have sex with my wife. We all know that having bootmii in boot2 is best and is the safest. And there are many people here that make bad mistakes. And being that the OP is asking questions like this then I would be safe to assume that he probably does not have a great understanding of how the wii works and so he is probably best to have bootmii in boot2.

12. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States

So we dont need to have bootmii to have sex with our wives because priiloader will pick up our slack for us? Awesome! Im tellin my wife im taking the night off

13. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Don't get an external DVD drive, get a USB hard drive. Unless, of course, you have over 20 DVD backups with none of the original ISO's. Also, stop typing in blue!

14. elimist

Member elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you get a hdd, you can copy all your backups to the hdd with any pc dvd drive. Then you can feed the dvd s to your cat and enjoy games loading 4 times faster.