I need some serious advice!

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Lasse54210, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Lasse54210
    OP

Lasse54210 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2017
    Netherlands
    Hey guys,

I have a few questions, I have a 2ds with Pokemon Omega ruby pre-installed, but I wanna get into hacking my 2ds (I have experience with the Wii). My problem is, am I gonna lose the save file? Because I have a lot of rare Pokemon's on there or is there a way to extract the save file? And another question I have also bought the Pokemon bank because I wanted to extract Pokemon's of Pokemon Black. Will I lose that app or the ability to use it? And the last question and not least I have bought Pokemon Yellow on the store will I lose that too? I hope to hear from you guys soon!

2. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Well if you use the exploit for Pokemon to acsess Homebrew than you may encounter that issue... There's an easier way to acsess Homebrew now without using a game with an exploit named SoundHax.

From there you will have acsess to Homebrew

Theres also a way to install CFW to your 2DS as of 11.2-35 FW so you could also check that out if you want to cheat in Pokemon, or store your Pokemon in a free version of Pokemon Bank VIA SD Card.
    I will list a guide here,
    https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

Edit: No you will not lose any digital games, or downloads on your 3DS if you have acsess to Homebrew or have CFW.

Last edited by petethepug, Jan 16, 2017
    Lasse54210 likes this.
  3. ExByte

ExByte Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
    If you follow this guide https://3ds.guide/ then you should end up having a hacked 3ds and being able to use everything that you've bought, including keeping your save files.

4. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Using 3ds.guide will create a backup of the nand at certain point, you can always backup everything, so dont worry.

slaphappygamer and Lasse54210 like this.
  5. Lasse54210
    OP

Lasse54210 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2017
    Netherlands
    Thank you! Can I mark this as best answer?

6. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    no, this aint Yahoo Answer lolz

petethepug likes this.
  7. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Nope sorry :P

8. Lasse54210
    OP

Lasse54210 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2017
    Netherlands
  9. Zabhahs

Zabhahs Goron

Sep 20, 2015
    United States
    Seattle area
    You can backup save games with homebrew as a double layer of protection. Then no matter what you can recover it