I need some help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Team_Subspace, Jan 3, 2012.

Jan 3, 2012

I need some help by Team_Subspace at 12:45 AM (358 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Team_Subspace
    OP

Member Team_Subspace Citizen Marsalevsky

United States
    So I got a Barnes and Noble gift card from my aunt and uncle and thought, "Oh, cool, I can use it on some books for my new Kindle." Well I got home, and figured out, the Kindle (Fire) doesn't support .epub. So I open trusty 'ol Calibre and try to convert it. DRM said no. Then I googled for a DRM remover, and what else other than something I have to pay for. The only free thing required a credit card number in the end, so now I'm stuck with a book that I can't even read. So does ANYONE know a working, and FREE, DRM remover so I can actually convert it?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    I think http://zamzar.com doesn't check for DRM so you should be able to convert your epub to a pdf using that...I think..

3. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Kindle Fire's an Android device, so you should be able to download an app to read epubs. I know Aldiko does it, although I'm not sure how well it supports DRM-protected stuff. It's free, too.

4. Team_Subspace
    OP

Member Team_Subspace Citizen Marsalevsky

United States
    Well zamzar encountered a problem, and I was hoping just to be able to read the book straight from my Kindle...