Hacking I Need Help With Updates Please

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just been playing the new Animal Crossing game, the PAL version on my PAL Wii and it has a lot of graphical errors
frown.gif

Before the PAL version came out today, i was paying the NTSC version and that played fine without me having to do any updates.

My question is, do i have to extract the update wads from the game and install them with the wad manager ??

I ran the game through BrickBlocker first so i didnt have to run any updates before i played it, but it looks like i have to.

I am currently on 3.2E , and the update wads in the game are IOS11 to IOS38

If i do have to update, any advice on the best way to do this, like which order etc, would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
gjac1 said:
I have just been playing the new Animal Crossing game, the PAL version on my PAL Wii and it has a lot of graphical errors
frown.gif

Before the PAL version came out today, i was paying the NTSC version and that played fine without me having to do any updates.

My question is, do i have to extract the update wads from the game and install them with the wad manager ??

I ran the game through BrickBlocker first so i didnt have to run any updates before i played it, but it looks like i have to.

I am currently on 3.2E , and the update wads in the game are IOS11 to IOS38

If i do have to update, any advice on the best way to do this, like which order etc, would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

you Only install ios38.wad.

then you can play the game

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for your fast reply kavid
smile.gif

So is it just as easy as extracting the wad from the game, then using the wad installer to install it, reboot and play ??

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have installed the wad and i still have problems...

The game doesnt just give a black screen when loaded through the game channel anymore, but it now says :

An error has occurred. Press eject button, remove the game disc, and turn off the power. Please read the wii operations manual for more information

And the game still has the same graphical errors when run through Ocriana, which is the only way i can get the game to boot at the moment...

Josh192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the animal crossing fix.wad to boot it from the disc channel you can find it on here somewhere.

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Josh192 said:
I installed the animal crossing fix.wad to boot it from the disc channel you can find it on here somewhere.

Thanks for the info Josh, but i think that is just the same wad file extracted from the game disc, and i have already done that with no luck
frown.gif

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is the case, then why does it have the exact same results on the wiki page like for the US version? Someone should change it.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you said you were playing with the NTSC version with no problems, then why don't you just keep playing with the NTSC version and throw away the PAL??????

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
If you said you were playing with the NTSC version with no problems, then why don't you just keep playing with the NTSC version and throw away the PAL??????

Maybe he wants to play the game from his region? I don't know, it might be crazy, but it's just my idea...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated