Hacking I must be doing something wrong

laciophil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have gone through the 3 in 1 softmod hack (with nothing in the USB or the GC ports) and it all worked fine.

However, the only game that I've been able to backup was Mario Kart (this was downloaded)

I downloaded some other games to back up, and none of them worked. I tried Batallion Wars, Skate It, Shaun White, Tomb Raider and they all came up with the same error: Unable to read disk.

I tried burning the dvd's fast, slow, on my Mac, on windows with IMG burn none of them worked. I tried to force NTSC on all of them, do the region change, it doesn't work.

I then tried to do a dvd dump with the disc dumper (the one that comes in the previously mentioned thread) and the dump came over just fine, I tried to burn it and same thing!

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there anything special I have to do to burn the games that I get via the disk dump? Do I have to patch it at all? I thought gamma could play 1:1 backups, so I figured I wouldn't have to.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks guys!

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Ga1l0w said:
DVD's have to be DVD-R, and good quality.
no dvds can be + or - R, +R have to be booktyped to DVD ROM

and to the TC, check the DVD+/-R thing
check that the dumps actualy contrain data with a hex editor, i burned 4.37gb of data filled with 00 once because imgburn just burns anything.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm sounds to me like bad media. what type of discs are you burning on?

i have NTSC wii and have working copy's of skate it, as well as shaun white (both pal versions).

i would figure it is highly unlikely that you would get numerous downloaded bad images. my guess would be your media.

verbatim dvd-r seems to be the most recommended brand, however i use hp dvd-r's w/ lightscribe and have had no issues

laciophil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I have to do anything special after doing the disk dump? Do I have to decrypt it or anything like that? Or can I just immediately burn it?

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

DVD-R or +R as DVD-ROM

Use sony or verbatim discs, 16x speed is recommended for most cases.

You don't need anything else. But you should make your own backups instead of downloading them, I would never trust those torrent trackers...

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if your still having issues i would suggest trying to install waninkokos rev7.. it sounds to me like you may have a faulty install of ios. (and wanin's is good to have if you ever decide to use his tools and has equal backup support too wiigators)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night