I messed up my BootCamp partition.

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by kratoz29, Jul 4, 2016.

1. kratoz29
    OP

kratoz29 GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2014
    Mexico
  2. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    I actually did this and got this same error. Normally, this isn't because the partition is screwed up. However, it is possible.
    My recommendation: Redo the USB process and partitioning process.
    First, get rid of the partition for bootcamp. If it says it can't unpartition it (Or repair/remove it) don't fret. An easy search of how to fix will help, as I ran into the same problem.
    Then, do the USB and ISO process again. It should work.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

EDIT: It says your boot configuration is missing. Just redo the USB process and get back to me

3. kratoz29
    OP

kratoz29 GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2014
    Mexico
    But I'd rather prefer to keep the partition/files and fixing it instead, you know, formatting (windows way).

What exactly what you did?

4. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    Okay, so don't format yet. Just redo the USB process (The installation of windows to a media file). You don't have to get rid of your partition. Then, boot into the installation and see if you get the same error

5. kratoz29
    OP

kratoz29 GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2014
    Mexico
    I just restarted Windows (keeping files) that did the trick, I just didn't wanted to risk my OS X partition yet, if it happens to me again I'll check out what I linked.

6. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    Don't worry, your bootcamp partition is almost completely separate. If you were to somehow lose your OSX partition, you always have the recovery partition which can restore it back to normal (Although, you'd probably have to do a fresh restart). Apple makes the Mac pretty difficult to lose the partition. Unless you purposely do something harmful, you should be fine. I actually had an issue where I deleted my entire OSX partition and recovered it.