HtheB

OP
Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh, I was so bored that I just played a couple games from Action52 (NES).

After beeting Ooze, you will get a Congrats screen...
I Googled a bit and found out there was some competition going on...
tongue.gif

Anyway, for the ones that didn't know about this before (like myself), here is the winning picture:
20110821002.jpg

Does anyone has the address?
tongue.gif
lol
rolleyes.gif

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conglaturation HtheB !!!
You have completed a great game.
And prooved the justice of our culture.
Now go and rest our heroes !

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wait, I thought that Ooze was bugged so you couldn't beat it...

Did you play from an actual physical cart? Could it be we have the mythical actual winner of the competition?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]e9nahvgz1AM[/youtube]

QUOTE said:
"Of note is that Active Enterprises advertised a competition in which anyone who could complete level 5 of Ooze (NES version) would be entered into a prize draw to win $104,000. It was soon discovered that the game would crash on level 3, making the prize impossible to win."

If you don't know, "Action 52" is the biggest scam and worst game ever released on any system for many reasons. It contained 52 "high quality" games costing an expensive $200 for games that are boring, glitchy, and just plain pitiful. "Ooze" is one of these games, and apparently as you read above, the game can be completed. It has 5 levels... if you can even call them that.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
choconado said:
hmm. The photo and the video have the same confirmation code....

Because it's the same ROM most likely. Only a ROM ripped from a different cart would yield a different code, and even then would most likely be the same.

I remember my dad buying me an Action 52 for my NES. One of the Capacitors heated up and burned a hole in the clear plastic at the top of the cart. It truly was a piece of junk.

Edit: I get resistors and capacitors confused sometimes

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
TwinRetro said:
choconado said:
Because it's the same ROM most likely. Only a ROM ripped from a different cart would yield a different code, and even then would most likely be the same.

I'm sure there is only one code for absolutely every cartridge, like the "aardwolf" thing in wolfenstein 3d.

I don't think that company had the money to produce unique rom per game.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boudincaca said:
TwinRetro said:
choconado said:

I'm sure there is only one code for absolutely every cartridge, like the "aardwolf" thing in wolfenstein 3d.

I don't think that company had the money to produce unique rom per game.
all they had to do was change the string value, it would take seconds for every unique code

HtheB

OP
Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
choconado said:
wait, I thought that Ooze was bugged so you couldn't beat it...

Did you play from an actual physical cart? Could it be we have the mythical actual winner of the competition?
well... to be honest, it was on an emulater on the TV. So no saves or stuff... Just playing like a real physical cart.

Hope I will get one of those real cartridges and just try to beat the game... I'm curious what will happen if I CAN beat it somehow!
(Game Genie?
biggrin.gif
)

QUOTE(machomuu @ Aug 21 2011, 11:06 PM) Great, now beat Cheetahmen.

Already done
tongue.gif
but too bad there is no ending screen or whatsoever... it just returns to "player selection screen"
unsure.gif

I was just playing Billy Bob... I found out how to jump and get past the second screen (the Angry Video Game Nerd couldn't achieve this!)
So I tried to beat the game (VERY FRUSTRATING GAME!) but when I went to the 3th level... It just warped me into the 3th level of Cheetahmen!? :/
wtf!? xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_