I have a question ... about RxMode SysNAND.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KytuzuEX, Feb 18, 2016.

1. KytuzuEX
    OP

KytuzuEX Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.

Apr 21, 2014
    Puerto Rican can talk either English/Spanish
    After I injectected FBI into Health & Security app, and also BBM, in RX-S 9.2.0-20U

Can I install other types of CIA?

What I want to do is install Cubic Ninja in my RxMode SysNAND for System Transferring it to a virgin non-NNID 9.9.0-26U 2DS for then use the exploit. Since I can't do anything about browserhax.... and cubic ninja's price is way to HIGH!

In other words, forcing the 2DS to read Cubic Ninja as a legit game since FBI makes it legit via my 3DS

Last edited by KytuzuEX, Feb 18, 2016
  2. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    While "legit CIA" sometimes means one that can legitimately install on your console, what it usually means is a CIA that is encrypted such that it can be installed on any console. The only games which can have legit CIAs of that sort are games which came preinstalled on machines. Cubic Ninja is not one of them.

If the 9.9 2DS is really completely virgin and has not connected to the Internet yet, it is possible that you could hack it through the browser and be able to downgrade. Check guides because you don't want to accidentally ruin it by having the browser check Nintendo's site and determine that Nintendo doesn't want it to run any more.

3. Halo249

Halo249 Banned

Banned
    Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Can you help me? I can't seem to get FBI to work in sysnand.

KytuzuEX likes this.
  4. KytuzuEX
    OP

Apr 21, 2014
    @Jiro2

I have already have the browser check since yesterday, that's why

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Are you able to boot normally in RxMode SysNAND?

5. Halo249

Halo249 Banned

Banned
    Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Yes atleast I think...
    I go to launch.rxtools.net then it says launching rxmode and puts me back on sysnand...

Its fine if u can't specifically answer my question, but can you give me the guide you used so I can have a fresh start?

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    First of all, there is no legit CIA of cubic ninja, and even if there were, it would not system transfer. You can system transfer CIAs to emuNAND but it wouldn't help you in using it for an exploit (unless you wanted to launch the homebrew launcher in your emuNAND).

Another stumbling block is you can't system transfer of the consoles aren't on the latest firmware. If you wanted to system transfer to your 2DS you'd have to update it (or, downgrade it and set up emuNAND on the latest firmware).

Oh and another thing, if you want to transfer from your sysNAND you'll have to update it to the latest firmware anyway so you'd be rendering it non-exploitable (you might be able to install the latest Nver and CVer etc but installing stuff to sysNAND is a bad idea)

KytuzuEX likes this.
  7. KytuzuEX
    OP

Apr 21, 2014
    @Halo249
    Ok, what I did is

If you injected FBI in you EmuNAND, you should repeat the same thing you did in RxTools Menu but this time Injecting the FBI in SysNAND.
    Then you can go to Rxmode and Press X while you hold R (in my case) to boot in SysNAND.

It should be in Health & Security App so go there and from there you should be in FBI, Install the .cia of it and go to home menu and done.

If you want to fresh start, use THIS guide!

Last edited by KytuzuEX, Feb 18, 2016