I have a question about Dios Mios

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by godstriker8, Apr 16, 2013.

Apr 16, 2013
  1. godstriker8
    OP

Member godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    After scouring the forums and google, I couldn't find a straight answer, so I'm asking here.

I read that for Dios Mios that the ISOs need to be on an Active Primary partition? What exactly does this mean? I'm pretty sure that my WBFS partition is currently the Active Primary Partition, so does this mean I'll have to lose the ability to play Wii ISOs to play my Gamecube backups?

2. LoloLakitu

Member LoloLakitu Shwowow Schogog

Canada
  3. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    We've moved on from WBFS to FAT32 ages ago - not only it supports Wii backups but you also get the added bonus of homebrew support, Gamecube backups, multimedia support and being capable of actually browsing the drive without standing on your head. WBFS is for foolhardy die hards.

All you need to get started is some form of a Wii backup manager that'll do the splitting for you in the rare event of a Dual Layer game and off you go.

the_randomizer likes this.
  4. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    WBFS is also more prone to file fragmentation, cannot be read by any OS and is a real pain to properly backup on another device. Not to mention very few if any programs support it anymore. Why people want to live in the past is beyond me.