~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not going to talk down to you or tell you what you should or should not do when it comes to suicide. Its your life, and your pain, so only you know what to do. But I will say this: Divorce that horrible woman. Why would you stay with someone who treats you so badly? For the children? Children don't want to see one parent making the other miserable. They don't want to see their father being constantly berated, and they certainly don't want to see their father driven to take his life by their mother.

What sounds more disfunctional to you: divorce or "our mother told our father to kill himself, so he did so"?

Again, if she is saying "your family would be better off without you", regardless of if there is or isn't any truth to that, the simple answer is to just leave. The drastic and unnecessary answer to that is suicide. I'm not saying suicide is never valid, or that you don't have every right to do so or feel that way. What I am saying is that all of these things you're telling us about your horrendous spouse are just as easily solved by moving 50 miles away as they are by suicide, and will likely leave your children less scarred.

I don't know you well, I don't know your family, but one thing that I do know is that when one spouse is constantly belittling the other and intentionally pushing them to end their life, that person saying those things is a horrible, horrible individual who is 100% at fault. She sounds like a literal sociopath.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
It's nice to see you again, Ace
smile.gif

Ontopic: Well, I shouldn't be talking out of experience here, but I want you to flip a coin.

Heads says gun to head...
Tails says leave...
Fuck it, it doesn't matter what order, or even what it says....
Flip it...
The instant you see that coin descending...

You'll know exactly what you need to do
smile.gif

Good luck, OP, regardless of your choice.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Faith said:
It's nice to see you again, Ace
smile.gif

Ontopic: Well, I shouldn't be talking out of experience here, but I want you to flip a coin.

Heads says gun to head...
Tails says leave...
Fuck it, it doesn't matter what order, or even what it says....
Flip it...
The instant you see that coin descending...

You'll know exactly what you need to do
smile.gif

Good luck, OP, regardless of your choice.
that's probably the most retarded form of help i've ever read

---

you seriously need to get help, try calling 1-800-273-8255 and/or reading this

suicide isn't your only way out of your situation

MeowTheMouse

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
live for the ones u love and they love u back, people like her who have no heart or soul are retarded cause they have nothing to live for. But you ? you gotta be strong and brave, live and love your kids, if you need anything you can pm me when ever you wish with what ever u wish.

Meowthemouse

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
that's probably the most retarded form of help i've ever read

you seriously need to get help, try calling 1-800-273-8255 or reading this

suicide isn't your only way out of your situation
It worked for me when I wanted to escape from home due to my fighting parents. I do what I can to say what I think I should say to OP.
And besides, I don't know OP well enough to know what's the best decision for him, just like Ace said. It's a choice...

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It´s like suddenly I want to help Deadly.

Err how to say it? I admire you, a lot. And, yes there are people under certain moments through life which help you, sadly your wife won´t do it anymore.

As for your mom, i´m sorry for that, but I know how you feel.. I´ve also grown through pain since my parents divorced at 8 age of life. Then grow up along a motherfucking grandmother which´d treat me like shit.

Also to see at my surroundings that there are not trusty people anymore, heck sometimes I even don´t have friends.

But you know what..? There are always people at your side. Like, in any form, way and life must go on.

I feel bad by reading your wife´d say such shit, but there are always counter parts. Why would she reach that point? Perhaps you help in feeding it too and you don´t what to do..

Just take your time, breath, and don´t leave those kids, without a father.. why would you take them apart what you didn´t have?

Coto.

And, if anything, send me a pm. I´ll be gladly listening because, I think you have a friend here.

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
srry but your wife really sounds like a bitch, i suggest getting a divorce, and tell the court about her tring to make you kill yourself, shes really fucked up, get full custody over your kids, if you love your kids so much they cant live with a .... Demon.
Don''t kill yourself dude, your kids love you, You're they're dad. And you got one life, One life only.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Get a divorce, hardcore. Your wife is beyond detrimental to your overall health and wellbeing. Don't let her be a bully. Get a lawyer and get her out of your life. If you care for and feel you can adequately support your children without her, go for full custody. Without it, there would still be forced interaction with the person that has caused you so much harm. If you feel that you wouldn't be in the mental state to handle them, then consider custody at a later time.

After that, I would honestly suggest a good, not necessarily a therapist, but some form of help that will actually help and not just distract you. Suicide isn't something to take lightly, although you have obviously considered it thoroughly as an option. I would never suggest it to a person though.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your life is that crappy, then there really isn't a whole lot wrong you can do.

You can leave your family while still have visiting rights to your kids.
You can start seeing another woman but just let your wife found out if and whenever she does.
Start to go to bars and pubs and flirt with girls.
Shut your wife up and just put her in her place (ala the kitchen. i keed i keed, just trying to make light of a bad situation).

Seriously, while it's the girl who's treating you like shit, it's funny because usually it's a different girl that ends up cleaning up the shit the other gave you. I noticed that before, girls fucked with me, but then it was just one girl who made me feel better. Just give it a try.

Seriously, if your life sucks that much at home, leave your family. It might suck for your kids, but wouldn't it be better if they had visiting rights to you instead of you killing yourself?

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
+1 for leave.

If you think in terms of loss, you will always be empty.
If you think in terms of what you have/or can do, nothing will be lacking.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I really need to start paying attention the non wii hacking forum's on gbatemp. I woulda totally missed this thread if it wasn't for Burton PM'ing me to bring it to my attention.

Dude... seriously, I hate to hear you talk like this. We even spoke on the phone earlier today and I didn't pick up on anything. Really though, don't be afraid to tell me anything, we're brothers from another motha, and there isn't anything u can do or say to change that.

Honestly, Mrs. Foez isn't that bad man. With her quiting smoking she must be going a little nuts, but I don't want to be making excuses for her. If she seriously told u to kill yourself... that is NOT cool. You guys really are great together, but when u guys argue, u guys fucking argue. Don't take it to heart... seriously, I don't know Mrs. Foez as well as u, but maybe because I'm not so close to the situation that I can see it more clearly than u. If she said that, there is NO WAY that she really meant it. I know u guys can both say some pretty nasty things to each other when u guys are angry. But trust me when I say, there is no way she wants you gone, I promise u that.

You have a lot to live for, and I'm not just talking about me going to the states to visit u in a month (woohoo!). You have dreams and I KNOW it's just a matter of time before they're a reality. Life hasn't been easy for u, and I'm not going to claim that it's going to be easy in the future... but I can promise that it will be worth all that hard work. Seriously, u gotta keep on keeping on so u can eventually move on up to Canada. Seriously, my future kids need Uncle Foez in their life... who else will teach them to turn a hot air station into a vaporizer? (did I really just say that? Mrs. XFlak would kill me right now!)

I feel terrible that u felt the only people you could talk to about this are stranger's on gbatemp. And honestly, opening up like this to the public isn't always a great idea. You and I both have haters on this site that would love to encourage your suicidal thoughts, and f*ck anyone who tries. But really, you don't need a million friends, u only need one or 2 great ones. And I know u have at least 2 true friends, me, and your nameless partner in crime. And I that either of us would drop anything to help u feel differently.

Listen, you may get some positive comments on this thread, maybe some negative ones. But these people don't truly KNOW u and there's only so much they can do to help. But the fact is, u can call me ANYTIME, especially when you're feeling like this. Dude, your one of my best friends, don't put me through what you had to endure when your good friend took his life. I'll always be here for u buddy, if there's one thing I am, it's loyal, and I'll never turn my back on a true friend. And you, are truly a great friend, and anyone in the world would be so lucky have a friend half as awesome as you. I consider myself lucky to have randomly met u on gbatemp (even if u were criticizing my crazy intro videos, lol). My door is always open to u my friend.

Dude, don't do anything silly ok? My flight is non-refundable! lol, sorry, i joke to make light of serious things. But really, don't do anything stupid, and u can call me anytime u need to talk, always.

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeowTheMouse said:
live for the ones u love and they love u back, people like her who have no heart or soul are retarded cause they have nothing to live for. But you ? you gotta be strong and brave, live and love your kids, if you need anything you can pm me when ever you wish with what ever u wish.

Meowthemouse

You made a mistake. Don't call her retarded, mental people are better than her -.-

ONTOPIC: I agree, divorce that horrible woman. She needs someone to do the same thing to her what she's doing to you.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chin up, guy. And get away from your wife. She's insane. Very insane. Suicide's a very permanent solution for a problem that hopefully won't last forever. Anyway, Terminator's not meaning it in a bad way. When it comes down to it, you'll realize it isn't worth it. Stand up to your wife and get some counseling if you really start looking to the Great Egress for help. If XFlak, who I've never seen before on these forums but seems pretty awesome (hello!), is right, you can probably work things out with your wife. Get some marriage counseling and try to find the root of the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1